THE SWARM: In The Media

Marc

Tonight, Channel 4, 10:20pm Is the 1st Official Broadcasting of The Swarms AdvertChannel 4 might be showing a different thing, the small 19 second blip came up, with a thing saying 'a channel 4 presentation, the premier screening', then it cuts to thorpe parks logo with the swarms battle cry.

Edited by jjh123horry

Well, I think I may be the first to see it (who has posted) on here! Don't know where this 10.20pm Channel 4 thing has come from, but it has JUST been on Sky 1 (9.20). I actually came on here to say how AMAZING it is! The usual of people looking up, people running, shadows of the swarm everywhere. People on bikes cycling away from it. Camera panning in-between wrecks of buildings and some awesome shots of the ride! All the time the YMAS song playing, and it works really, really well!

I've just seen a new advert for The Swarm on Pick tv. Starts off with people scrambling to get away from the swarm in a street which then cuts to a kid being taken from his bike. Then various shots of devastation (helicopters crashing into buildings ect) followed by different angles of the coaster. It features the you me at six song playing throughout the advert. Not sure if this is the advert to be shown on channel 4 but this advert was very impressive.Edit- beat me to it.

Absolutely amazing! Am I right in assuming that the version posted just above is a slightly shorter version, and that Channel 4 (& More4; Film4) showed a longer version? The one I saw was on More4 and was similar to that above, but it was longer and the THORPE PARK logo was shown at the beginning and end for a considerable time :)Although the area isn't as 'immersive' as I'd have hoped, I absolutely cannot fault the marketing/PR that's gone with the launch of this ride, it's been spectacular- and far exceeds anything we've seen in this country for a LONG time (the campaign, not just the coaster itself). :P

Hello everyone, I'm a regular over at TowersTimes (under the name Coaster_Dude. The less said about that the better really...) and I thought I'd pop over here to share what I just posted. There didn't seem to be a decent quality version of the advert on YouTube, only ones recorded off the TV with a camera so I thought I'd upload a decent one.http://youtu.be/r3hWMEToKrYI'm off to Thorpe for the first time next week and I am super excited!