Past Planning Applications

Marc

After Runnymede's recent site rebuild its now easier to find past planning applications, some of which are quite interesting including plans from when RMC planned Tidal Wave, before Tussauds took over and gave us what we have today.Just head to http://planning.runnymede.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/GeneralSearch.aspx and enter "Thorpe Park" under address. Enjoy

Few things I find interesting, the original plans for Colossus... you can see the outline but not a lot else, seems completely different! And also, what is the family coaster referred to in the Detonator application? Where sound levels were tested on Traumatizer at Southport.Cheers for pointing this out!

I found some old plans a few weeks ago about the "2002 Coaster as Approved". There's an image/plan somewhere but they're very unclear about how what Colossus would have been would've worked layout wise. It's clearly a LIM coaster, but Tussauds went with an Intamin multi-looper because gravity was more trusted, apparently...EDIT: Found the plan, but it's been removed from Photobucket. It's on this page though (second image down): http://merlinmania.c...er-Pre-ColossusWith thanks to Merlin Mania.

It's quite interesting seeing the changes in plans to be honest, Tidal Wave's originally proposed station looked like it could have been pretty awesome! It also makes me think that if Thorpe were to have installed that LIM coaster, would we have Stealth today, due to them already having had a launch coaster? :) And maybe Intamin could have done the LIM coaster too? I'm thinking along the lines of them doing California Screamin' :o