Mark9

Stealth  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Stealth?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Awful - Please burn it down and turn it into a Mobile phone pylon.

Continuing the long running 'what do you think of a ride' competition, this time we get to the 2006 ride Stealth at Thorpe Park.Opening on the 14th March 2006, Stealth when opened was to be the parks icon ride. Featuring a 205 foot top-hat and an 80 mile per hour launch, there is no doubt that part of Thorpe Park's continuing success is this short but sweet, Intamin rollercoaster. But is it any good? You decide but remember, it isn't just the ride that is important, it's everything around it. Is the soundtrack adequate, does the theming match up to the ride experience.

Probably my favorite ride at the park, at the moment. 2 downsides though, 1. Reliability and 2, length. Looking at Xcellerator at Knotts Berry Farm, which I'm going to in a few months, I'm sure they could've extended the length a bit, and maybe take the track through the turnaround on Tidal Wave. Just my opinion.Theme wise, I think it fits in pretty well with the Whole Amity Cove area, though some of the audio can get a bit annoying.

Ahh Stealth. It is indeed one of Thorpe's best attractions. Pure thrill and adrenaline. Sadly for me, it represents a lot of the negative things about the late Tussauds under the DIC ownership.At the time, I was disappointed by Stealth's ride time, however, now it doesn't bother me as such. I think what is there captures the essence of the Rocket Coaster perfectly and any extra track, whilst yes it would have added to the experience, I don't personally feel as though we've lost much of the experience.The Steatlth DJ when the ride opened was genius, along with a very expensive sound system and design, allowing for unique interactivity with the guests in the queue and around the plaza. Sadly, a lot of the sound equipment left with the DJ and now we're left with a sound loop that frequently dips in and out due to the parkwide link.Stealth's theme is shoe-horned in with the rest of Amity. It waters down the amazing Tidal side of Amity Cove. Perhaps I'm just not a fan of the racing theme itself, but the area just feels so barren and not in a good way. The area consists of mainly painted walls rather than any interesting set pieces.The ride's queue leaves a lot to the imagination in terms of theme. Much of it winding its way around a grassy bank and a stagnant pond. I'm afraid some sea shells does not equate to good theming! :ninja: Aside from that, it also fails to interact well with the ride at all, with the exception of a segment that goes underneath the ride.The ride station, whilst fitting that it's outside, it's literally scaffolding supports with a tarmac platform at the top. However I feel that special mention needs to be given to Stealth's trains, in which they're incredibly gorgeous. Loading procedures are efficient and the queue can move very respectfully as a result.The ride itself though, shall remain one of Thorpe's star attractions purely for it's bold statement of height, speed, acceleration and the amazing rush it produces!

Rawwr I love Stealth. The launch is like "WHOOOOA!" and the G's you pull when you go up are like "ARRRGH!!" and the airtime as you go over the top hat is like "WAAAA!" and then when you plummit towards the ground it's like "OMGGGGGGGGGG!" and then the airtime hill is like "EEEEEEEEK!"Sorry if that looks spammy but those I feel are pretty good explanations :DIn all seriousness though, it's a great coaster. Love the music too! :P And the themed trains, let's not forget those. I remember the Stealth mini-site and seeing the update photos of the trains at school in a science lesson and being like :P:(

I find it pretty poor to be honest.The launch is about all there is to the ride. Okay, I 'get' that that's the point, but it just doesn't do 'it' for me - it's not the comfiest or most re-ridable of rides. There's slight quirkiness in the theming, and the audio is okay, but Stealth is a ride I can go without doing on a Thorpe visit, and it is for those reasons which is why I, perhaps slightly harshly, rated it 'poor'.

I voted good. It remains the only ride that I am scared off, Marc will back me up when I say everytime I ride it I do end up screaming just that little bit and no matter what I do my eyes end up closing. It's probably just the un-naturalness of the launch that does it.Sadly Stealth has a fundamental flaw that its ride time and length is so short. Rides like The Incredible Hulk, Shock and I-Speed really show that a launch should be followed up by something far more substantial. We could argue to the end of time that Stealth doesn't need more track because that launch is memorable. The problem being Stealth was outdated by Storm Runner, Kanonen, Xcelerator and Superman Escape before Stealth even opened. The general public, it won't matter. As an enthusiast its quite a flaw.And the theming is rubbish. Things that have been abandoned and a giant tyre do not a theme make.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...