Jobs At Chessington

I didnt get through. This sucks so much. And it sucks for Chessington too because I was perfect for that job and they would have been very lucky to have me. Too bad they couldn't see this though. Now no one wins.

If that's your viewpoint then it could well be why they didn't hire you, I wouldn't want someone being very high and mighty in my workforce if I was hiring people...

If that's your viewpoint then it could well be why they didn't hire you, I wouldn't want someone being very high and mighty in my workforce if I was hiring people...

Of course I didn't tell chessington that! I'm not an idiot. But hey, thanks for the uplifting comment there...

Of course I didn't tell chessington that! I'm not an idiot. But hey, thanks for the uplifting comment there...

Want uplifting? Then don't go on about being perfect for the job on here... It's definitely NOT making me feel sorry for you... Saying that Chessie don't win because they didn't hire you for whatever reason (which is usually valid in my experience of not being accepted into a job after a successful interview), just sounds a bit up yourself...Be angry or annoyed all you want, but don't sound pretentious and expect sympathy...

I was tempted to, but because the email rejecting me was so vague, I was pretty sure that their response to me would also be vague.It was: We have had an extremely large volume of high calibre applications and after careful consideration, I regret to inform you that on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful. We assess to criteria based on our company values and role competencies and unfortunately on this occasion we had candidates who more closely matched these.

Could someone please outline basically the Young Worker's Policy. Basically, I am 17 and I am told that I have to stay until 7pm to close down rides etc (from a 9am start). Can I refuse to do this and leave at 6?

I've always known it now as it being compulsary that anyone under 18 has to leave no later than 6pm... It is good, if you look at it money wise, as every hour can count! :angry:

Young workers (under 18) work a MAXIMUM 8hrs a day, or else the company is breaching Time working regulations.Chessie is now strict about this, just as they should be. It's good for the under 18s, its good for everyone..(this excludes your lunch break - hence chessie does 9am-6pm)

Young workers (under 18) work a MAXIMUM 8hrs a day, or else the company is breaching Time working regulations.Chessie is now strict about this, just as they should be. It's good for the under 18s, its good for everyone..(this excludes your lunch break - hence chessie does 9am-6pm)

Just to add to this your also entitled to a 20 minute break for every 4 hours work, this would be on top of your lunchbreak

• 5 months later...

I've got my interview for Chessington in just under two weeks and was just wondering if anyone else does too?Also, I've got a few questions that I'm hoping somebody might know the answers to...-Firstly, how many people (roughly) are in attendance at each assessment centre / interview session?-What sort of activities does the team-based part of the day involve?-As a ride host, what time are you expected to arrive to work each day?-What exactly is a Merlin Magic Pass and what does it offer?If anyone knows of anything else that might be helpful or interesting, I'd really love to know! Thanks :(

Aww good luck Ben! :)I have been to two at Chessie, two at Thorpe, and one recently at Sea Life, so I know what these assessment centres are all about!I can't give an exact number but I'd say between 20-30 will be in attendance on the day, if not, less. The interviews are held after the assessment part and are one-to-one, most probably with a Rides Manager.The activites are anything that involves you interacting with others in the group. The idea of the assessment centre is for the managers/whoever is running them to get an idea of what you are like interacting with others, as that is a key part to your role as a rides host!When I worked at Thorpe it was 30 minutes before park opening, occassionally 45 minutes before. At Chessington I believe it was 45 minutes before, but this was back in 2009. But it should be around 30-45 minutes before the park opens. Besides, they will tell you all this and give you the chance to ask questions on the assessment day :)A Merlin Magic Pass is a basically your 20 free tickets for you, family and friends to use! :P It is a piece of card which can only be stamped 20 times, each stamp being one admission obviously. Although sometimes, if the admissions staff are nice, they will stamp it less times than you need! :P You get your Merlin Magic Pass once you have successfully completed your introductary period. This is 6 weeks at some attractions, I don't know what it is for Chessie but again, this is something you can ask about or they will tell you about at the assessment centre. You can also get staff discount by using your staff pass, which you should have from your first day at work.So go along, relax, be yourself, and have fun! The more involved you get with the activities, the better, but also demonstrate that you are a good listener and confident in talking to others.I hope it goes well for you :(

Yeah what mer said basically. Rides staff start at 9am, and you get your magic pass after your review (which should be 6 weeks - but don't count on it).Chessie does one unpaid 45min break during the day, unless the ride close is at 7pm.. in which case you get an extra 15mins I believe.Pretty much all you need to do - just relax, don't slate chessington, and be yourself and you'll be able to get the job easily :(

The exact itinerary does vary; otherwise it'd be literally the same everytime! Though if you read the above posts about what to expect then that is literally all of the information you need and can possibly have to prepare you for your Assessment.Regarding inductions and training sessions, they'll usually phone you to arrange this, though I'd keep that as a question to ask the team to show that you're inquisitive into the role.

I've always gone for casual smartness in my times, minimum smart shirt, jeans or trousers is up to you although the jeans should at least look smart if you're gonnaa go down that route...Wear a hoody, but take it off in the actual place... And PLEASE if you have to take an object that best describes you DON'T TAKE A MP3 PLAYER! Because that is honestly (imo) the worst thing you could bring and looks more like you forgot something so just said "I'll use this then"...