The Future Of Events

Topsyturvy15

THE SWARM PREVIEW DAY!A preview of the Swarm (for AP holders and friends) where you get a tour then get to ride it. This could be before the main season and as it gets dark early it could be open an hour into darkness.

I like the idea but if it was for all AP holders and friends then there is no way they could give all those people a tour, considering how much people arrived at last years annual pass day.

Oh, that's quite cheap actually... :$I thought extra costs though, like the need for having to stay at one of the park hotels bumping up the cost or something? I do remember the sole reason for me not going was the cost, then to hear about people getting money back was a right kick in the teeth!Still, Thorpe could make a whole lot more charging a hundred odd quid pp for a tour-like event, than turning it into an AP day like event..

Thorpe just posted a poll on their Facebook fan page. The question was: Hey thrill hunters! We know you love the events at THORPE PARK. Which one of these would you most like...The options included:

• Wakeboarding competition and show
  • Wrestling event
  • Skate/BMX competition and show
  • MotorX show
  • Foam Party
Nice to see the park actually are planning some new events for the upcoming year. What would you like to see the most and how do you think it will all turn out? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ideally I would like to see the 'All Day NightClub' event.Which would go long into the night, probably start at 4-5 in the afternoon and would finish around 10 in the evening, The Arena would be the main source for the Night Club/Live music event. All this aswell as Rides in the surrounding area open, blasting out the music with temporary lighting, the other stage areas including the showcase would show up and coming acts, in essence turning into a mini-festival within a mini-theme park.I see Thorpe Park being an excelent live music venue, but needs a good execution;also as I have said before a beach party dishing out the latest tunes by some decent DJ's on the beach, not just a random live act but something on the scale of one of the american spring break parties on the beach! (Excluding most of the alcohol for obvious reasons) :)Yes its never going to happen, but they are two events slightly altered, tailered to my own opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well seeing as we have MOS during the whole season, Summer Nights and Sun Scream in the summer and Fright Nights at the end of the season, the park has quite a few events, however I would like to see any of the following happen in the future (or even this season).

More dome events like the ones we saw quite a few times last year such as comedy nights, roller discos and music gigs return as they give a great variety of additional entertainment for the park.

The return of the fireworks, which would be greatly received if done right with the new widened target audience and would end the park season literally with a bang. However, I doubt we would see this return until at least 2015 if not later.

A half term event like towers again where selected rides are open. Despite not going too well in the 2007-2009 period it ran, I feel it could work much better now the park has a greater range of attractiones and also the addition of another indoors one too, plus the efforts we've seen I. 2013. However we wouldn't see this until at least 2015, if ever.