Chessington 2013

http://go-merlin.co.uk/files/2012/02/preshow-e1328207352329-630x153.pngAlso found on RGG.People can say what they want about Chessington, but this investment looks brilliant. Looking at those plans, I'm not too fussed about the lack of theme park investment - this sort of experience adds a new dimension to the zoo and what Chessington can offer. I'd say it can be said that when it comes to the zoo attractions, Chessington are making them more 'interactive', rather than just walking past a few animals in a cage / behind a fence / whatever, which is only a good thing in my eyes.Now the downside of this. I said that this investment 'looks' brilliant. If Chessie pull this off as planned, I think it will be brilliant. However, people will - fairly - look back at Monkey Kingdom and how that looked brilliant. I just hope that Chessie follow through with this and it looks and as they've planned it. Annnd, also, that they soon begin to realise that they need to bring back a balance in theme park investments, and zoo investments.

The plan basically just highlights what greenary they will be removing/adding in the area. They have to declare what trees they will be removed as well as what they will be adding. I'm sure accompanying this plan will be a written document on how it will affect wildlife in the area.

The plan basically just highlights what greenary they will be removing/adding in the area. They have to declare what trees they will be removed as well as what they will be adding. I'm sure accompanying this plan will be a written document on how it will affect wildlife in the area.

But why are the Lion/Tiger/Gorilla etc enclosures on that plan?

Looks great! But hold on a minute:http://images.kingst...008/Image_3.pdfWhat is this plan all about? Is this a back up plan to move the zoo, just in case the Safari Trail isn't allowed? I mean why else would the Tiger and Lion enclosures appear to behind Rameses?

That is a good call... Basically all of Trail of the Kings is up there... Rather weird and random thing indeed...

But why are the Lion/Tiger/Gorilla etc enclosures on that plan?

I wonder if they've just used the plans from when they were going to move those to that plot around 07, or if they're actually planning on moving them.Looks ace. But will it actually happen? Over half of chessies planning applications never come to fruitation, so I'll keep on the side of caution at the moment.

Maybe the long term plan is to move the Lions/Tigers/Gorrillas to back there to free up the land held by Trail fo the Kings, am I right in thinking that the land currently occupied by them is on the green belt and thus far less lenient with the planning restricitons? Opening up possible expansions to Market Square and Transylvaniato form the Europe area?

Nah - the land they're on currently is brown belt. The land which the planning permissions shows them on is the Green belt I believe.Was originally going to be done to free up space for the park to add more rides in (shouldn't get problems with planning when its next to a road with no housing, as long as nothings too high).

Some more information, thanks to Theme Uk

• The entrance will be located behind Rameses Revenge.
  • Also an second entrance in the Wanyama Village.
  • A pre-show video lasting approx 3 minutes.
  • The ride itself will last between 10-15 minutes.
  • The new animals include White Rhino, Giraffe and Flamingos.
The alternate plan as also been added for moving the Monkey and Bird gardens, and Trail of the Kings to the same location, their for making all the zoo on one side of the resort and making more room for the theme park side

I am very intrigued by it effectively moving a huge part of the zoo over that side, particularly as a lot of work has happened on the Gorilla pens of late.Still, no point getting excited at this point. I hate to be pessimistic, but unless you see an entrance sign and the thing complete, it's unlikely to happen,.edited to add= This effectively makes safari skyway pointless with none of it going over the zoo.

I'm confused by the alternative plan; to me it says 'Oh, if we can't expand the zoo even further, we'll give up with our efforts on improving the zoo, bung it all in one place, and focus on our theme park'...Let's just hope the safari experience actually gets the green light, and then gets followed up as planned.

If I'm understanding things properly, if the Safari Trail gets the greenlight, they won't expand the theme park side?That's a bit disheartening if so... :D And on the picture shown above, what's the Safari Trail (Phase 3)???I just want them to use their heads and save some space for a new rollercoaster or two. It wouldn't make sense to have no ride space reserved. Everyone can agree that an aging suspended-swinger and a medium-capacity-run spinner is not good as their two major rides. And a rubbish capacity Wild Mouse and a kiddie's powered minetrain doesn't suffice.I'm still holding out for Chessington WoAR

Where the safari trail will be cannot be used for rides anyways... Unfortunately the case with Belted land...

I know that :DWhat I'd like is for there to be the Safari Trail to be granted permission. But to also move the monkey, birds and Trail of the Kings up there too. So they're expanding their zoo and also freeing up space (where the zoo used to be) for new ride space.Also with the TotK, I noticed that the land sloped downwards, so maybe they could build into the ground more, to have more room for a coaster, which they desperately need.What would happen to the sea lions? If they were to move the zoo, wouldn't they wanna move them too?

I just want them to use their heads and save some space for a new rollercoaster or two. It wouldn't make sense to have no ride space reserved. Everyone can agree that an aging suspended-swinger and a medium-capacity-run spinner is not good as their two major rides. And a rubbish capacity Wild Mouse and a kiddie's powered minetrain doesn't suffice.I'm still holding out for Chessington WoAR

Everytime Chessington send in planning permission it is heavily influenced by the zoo. The sea life centre, Lorikeet area, the Monkey/Bird garden expansion and now the Safari Trail. It's becoming incredibly obvious to me that Chessington do not see conventional rides as the way forward for the park. Why do rides that Thorpe Park, Legoland, Alton Towers, Flamingoland and Drayton Manor can do when you can do something Chessington style and make it truely special. Yes I've been critical of Chessingtons direction but Merlin clearly don't see Chessie as able to compete with the other two London parks on a ride level

I'm confused by the alternative plan; to me it says 'Oh, if we can't expand the zoo even further, we'll give up with our efforts on improving the zoo, bung it all in one place, and focus on our theme park'...Let's just hope the safari experience actually gets the green light, and then gets followed up as planned.

That's not what's happening though is it Josh. It is neigh on impossible to get planning permission for ride structures on green belt land. Moving the zoo over there will allow progress for the theme park. The park can't win really, one minute they don't care about the park, one minute they're neglecting the zoo. That's not what's happening, I think the park are just looking at all of the options so they can progress forward rather than just being stagnated, arguably like they have been as of late in terms of new rides.