Chessington 2013

Has anyone else noticed the facebook updates saying that Chessington reached capacity about four times last week! I know capacity cant be too high for a half term event but still cant be a bad sign for the park!!!!!!

This has been mentioned if you bothered to scroll upwards...

I emailed chessington and they said they are working very hard on zufari and are hoping to have it open for annual pass day however it is subject to avalibility! I am really hoping it is open for AP day :)

The capacity stuff was mentioned on other threads every day they announced it...

As for Zufari... It's still a hell lot of dirt atm... Part of me wonders how much work they have left to do to get it open on time... Although probably this is harder to tell because there is no track whatsoever to judge...

There will be 5 jeeps, each seating 30 people... And few know the finale sequence... So could be a decent capacity in the end...

But how scary can the cave finale really be? The ride is marketed heavily towards families with small children, so they can't really go putting a terrifying anamatronic man-eating lion in there.

Doesn't have to be scary to be good though.

I'd also argue that the ride (like Chessington) is marketed at families with people of all ages, not young children.

I guess what happens in the cave depends on the story of the attraction. Seems as though we're on safari, and a tree cuts our route off, so we go through a cave that an African tribe has said is dangerous. Have some ancient ritual / chanting and a waterfall in there, and it'd be good. Couple of other effects and it would create a superb ending I think

Funnily enough Templo del Feugo was the very first thing I thought of when the plans were released.

I don't believe for a second it will be like that though, gas = £££. I'd guess at a big ass water tank being dumped ala studio tours / earthquake, hopefully with an moving floor for the truck to bounce around on a bit. Much more realistic running cost wise.

Funnily enough Templo del Feugo was the very first thing I thought of when the plans were released.

I don't believe for a second it will be like that though, gas = £££. I'd guess at a big ass water tank being dumped ala studio tours / earthquake, hopefully with an moving floor for the truck to bounce around on a bit. Much more realistic running cost wise.

Maybe you'd be right if we weren't talking about Chessie ;)

Has anyone else noticed the facebook updates saying that Chessington reached capacity about four times last week! I know capacity cant be too high for a half term event but still cant be a bad sign for the park!!!!!!

This has been mentioned if you bothered to scroll upwards...

I emailed chessington and they said they are working very hard on zufari and are hoping to have it open for annual pass day however it is subject to avalibility! I am really hoping it is open for AP day :)

I am very sorry about my aggression and rudeness in this comment. It is in fact me who didn't read the thread above as I wasn't thinking properly and thought this was a topic it turned out not to be. I am very sorry about this as it has not been mentioned in this topic but another thread.

James

If you take a look on the plans for Zufari:

http://www.themeparknewsuk.com/2013/01/zufari-2013-plans.html

It says 'finale cave and water experience'. My guesses - the cave starts flooding, splashing riders. You can also see the tree on the plans which I assume will be an animatronic and fall as the truck approaches, blocking that route and forcing the truck to go into the cave.

If anyone ever needed proof that Transylvania has been neglected over the recent years then these pictures prove it. I've never seen so much work done to it in a winter, yet it's good to see, and I hope they're removing that greenery on the arch to stop it eating the building! Interesting how they've resurfaced the main walk in. To me, that was safe before, probably the safest part of the park!

Listening to my local radio station yesterday, I heard one of the presenters talk for a small amount of time, on Zufari. I don't remember much but I do remember her saying that near the beginning of the ride, there is an animated lema and apparantely from what she hinted, a famous person is meant to be doing the voice of the lema. The radio station is called radio jackie by the way.

I fear that the only way we'll see Imperial Leather go is if they actually decide to retheme the ride...

My fantasy that'll never happen is that the ride is sponsored by one of the big cola brands and then they re-theme it back to a fizzy pop factory. Yeah, we'll be heavily advertised to but at least the ducks will be dead.