Thorpe Park: "Open Season" Official Meet

Sheepie

It was a fantastic day out - I thoroughly enjoyed myself.It was great to meet some people that I've only spoken to before and put some faces to the name and overall it just went swimmingly well.I am looking forward to the next meet ^_^

I'm loving the pics there Stuz - I love these things as months down the line you can just look back and remember some great moments from that particular day - good angles of the rides as well ^_^Can't wait to have a camera again soon in a couple of months as I'll be able to join in regarding 'memory lane'(and also secretly taking bad/ embarrasing shots of unexpected victims mwhahahahaha..............hmmmmmmmm excuse me)

Awesome pics Stuz! Particularly love the ones taken at Flying Fish and Stealth queue. The FF one is nice of me and Ben, no offence Maxy but I wish you weren't inbetween us pulling a constipated face! :PSo, my trip report:Train journey was fine, but then I had to get the 950, which got delayed because the bus had ran out of paper for printing tickets. Lol. Eventually we departed and I met Ben <3 YAY!After dropping my change all over the floor at the turnstiles, we entered the park, noticing on the queue board that every ride had a 0 minute queue except for Swarm which was 60 mins! Not surprising of course! Got some cheeky Fastrack tickets then headed straight to Swarm, left hand side, and we asked to sit at the back and they said yes. This also happened later on in the day, so it looks like you can choose which row you sit in, tbh I did think it was weird why they would tell people where to sit, it's one thing you can't even choose which side you get!Somehow, back left seemed even more epic than the last time, it got my stomach quite a bit on the drop! Seriously love this ride!Onride photos are still not timing in propery, later on when we went on again, some photos didn't even have the train in! I don't want to sound picky but you'd think they'd have sorted it by now, it's been open pretty much 2 weeks! I would like to buy a photo at some point :P Oh and if anyone's interested, the shop still smells of sick lol.Headed over to Stealth for front row times. SO much better than any other seat! Can't believe silly Benjy had never done front row before! While we were queueing we spotted Sheepie, Peaj and Jaymie, who finally spotted us after some amusing, wild arm waving and name shouting!Met up with them, SamP and Steve, then had a spin on Storm In A Teacup, good laugh as always! Especially when we saw Maxy arrive and we were trying to get his attention whilst going round and round!Met up with Maxy then got nice and moist on Rumba. As always at the start of every season, it was quite choppy and the effects were working, so we actually had a decent ride! The water stinks though, ugh!The others went to the meet point while me and Ben quickly did Colossus. Good fun as ever, and I really don't know how people can complain that it's rough. Rattly and vibratey, yes, but not rough, especially if you brace yourself enough. IMO the rattle and noise gives it a uniqueness.Headed to the Swarm fire engine for the meet, lovely to see people again and meet new faces :P Shame not everyone on the attending list was there though.Went on Inferno then had a look at Detty but it was having a tantrum and not lowering the cage. it kept doing it all day so we never got a ride on it. Hopefully this won't be a recurring issue all season!Next up...Loggers Leap! Tunnel times ;) Good fun but again, the water really doesn't smell nice. It never has but I am noticing it more now, or maybe it's because other people always mention it, I don't know. I feel like this is going to be a stupid question but...why do Loggers and Rumba have such manky water? Is it something to do with the lake? It's one of those things I've always known/been aware of but never really known the reason for or cared about it, until now.Some of the group had lollage on Rocky Express, I wasn't in the mood for it (never been a fan of the ride tbh, don't really know why) but I filmed it all on my iPhone, fun times!Had lunch at Bar 360, nom nom.After lunch - Samurai obviously! Some of the group went to BoreSAW: Alive then waited for us in the rocky/bushy bit opposite the ride, and named it Narnia. Don't ask me, I was in the queue!Not a bad ride on Samurai although I was made to sit in the middle, rer. I haven't sat on the end in ages! *shakes fist*Met the rest of the group at Narnia, then had our traditional TPM ride on FLYING FISH! Wasn't as epic as it could've been, because the operator decided to stop it after 2 laps because some girls had their phones out. I never worked on the ride and I know I don't work there now, but surely that's not right? They could have kicked the idiots off then sent us round again, to be fair? Silleh operator!Some of the others went on Mr Monkey's Big Juicy Banana, then next up was the brain damaging ride that is SAW, but we were sat in the back row and must have had a decent car, because the jolt wasn't too bad! However, that turn after the dive loop doesn't half throw you around! Plus the restraints were really pushing on my legs by the time we got to the end. Sorry to those who are a fan of SAW but every time I go on it, I dislike it even more. Note I'm not using the word hate...yet!Had another cheeky Fastrack ride on Swarm, this time we got the right, 6th row. My favourite things about the right are the inversion into the drop, and the zero-g making my stomach go over. Being sat at the back end of the train, we went through the elements faster which meant they weren't as good IMO as sitting in the middle or front. As everyone says, every seat seems to give a different ride experience and for me personally, the back is better on the left, if you're on the right hand side, make the most of it by riding towards the front: being tipped over into the first drop is amazing at a slower speed!Met with the rest of the group for our last two rides: Stealth and Swarm. Stealth was...well, Stealth!For the final ride on Swarm we were on the left, second row. Again, a different ride experience! Quite a bizarre feeling going through the elements slowly, then picking up speed as the rest of the train goes through! I want to try out every single seat and compare them all!Funny moments from the day:Sheepie being clumsy and almost knocking over someone's pushchair.Rocky Express ride.Banana Boat ride.Standing by Tidal's soak zone, Sheepie at the last minute screams and turns his back to the wave...yet it still hits him! With a satisfying and hilarious splat! :) I wish someone had caught that on video!Discussing what Stealth would be like with Bruce Forsyth doing the announcements!Storm Surge being broken pretty much all day.Me and Ben on Inferno, looking out for the rest of the group in the queue and shouting "SHEEPIE!" in the hope to get the group's attention...which of course didn't work. Then Ben's comment at the end was something like "It was failed from the start".When we were waiting with Maxy for them to come off Inferno, looking out for Peaj's yellow trousers going up the lift hill!Sheepie getting our attention by shouting "TPM!" which worked, but caused him major embarrassment!Overall, a great meet and great people! Even though there were points where the group split, it didn't affect the day as a whole and it all went smoothly. I wish I had taken more photos, but you just forget when you're having so much fun! I did take this one however, of TPM toilet meetings...Posted ImageAnd a standard Marc Simpson shot:Posted ImageAnd...TPM Rocky Express Ride!https://www.facebook...151402811175391

For the final ride on Swarm we were on the left, second row. Again, a different ride experience! Quite a bizarre feeling going through the elements slowly, then picking up speed as the rest of the train goes through! I want to try out every single seat and compare them all!

Should have come to ERT then, coz that's pretty much what we did!! :)