TRAX - 15+ Club Nights

Ryan

Surely an Over 18's night would end up being pretty chav infested? Or perhaps not...?I went to Efteling last year and as awesome and brilliant as it was, the moment the sun set on the Saturday midnight ride close, all the local chavs from the hell hole of a town next door descend on the place and it's pretty nasty! :(

WHY IS CORKSCREW ON THE PROMO IMAGE?!*reports to trading standards*

I've never understood it when parks do this. It's no bad thing but it's just a little inconsistent - you'd expect Merlin to care about that kind of thing. Also, why does that now-clichéd image of Stealth look like it has a shoe at the top? Could they not use one of the billion other images where there is actually a train at the top?

Surely an Over 18's night would end up being pretty chav infested? Or perhaps not...?I went to Efteling last year and as awesome and brilliant as it was, the moment the sun set on the Saturday midnight ride close, all the local chavs from the hell hole of a town next door descend on the place and it's pretty nasty! :(

SHUDDER! I'm still scared from the rough hell hole that Thorpe Park was during Fright Nights last year!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm slightly disapointed that they haven't included any dates for the over 18's on the website. It's all under 18 events on the last Friday of the month.Come on Thorpe, us 'oldies' wanna have a club session to - even if you only do one event, to see how it works...

Don't mean to tease but I'm not allowed to give specifics away but for those who want an over 18 club night, I believe Thorpe are currently in talks with a major company to organise over 18 club nights. If everything goes to plan, it should be pretty good ;-)

• 1 month later...

A post from Thorpe Park on facebook:

Hi Thrill Seekers! Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, we have had to postpone the RELOAD event due to take place on Friday 27th April. However, we’re pleased to announce that RELOAD will be back on Friday 25th May and will be bigger and better than ever! Watch this space for more information! http://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/events.aspx#reload

If it is down to poor sales, then I think it shows they were a bit ambitious with the dates to be honest.

Last season, they had two Reload nights, whereas this year, they have become monthly, which is a big jump, and probably too big of one for now. They probably should have left it to be bi-monthly for a while, let it further grow in popularity, improve it, etc. etc. before making it monthly. So harm in being ambitious though..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think we'll be seeing a rebrand of Reload very soon. This was posted on Thorpes Facebook page.

Hey Thrill Seekers! We'll be announcing some exciting news about our under 18s event soon...but for now we want to get your opinion on what YOU guys would call an under 18s club & ride night. Choose from the following or if you have some awesome ideas, send them to TPSocial.Media@thorpe-park.co.uk!

The three options they posted are: Gravity, Vertigo and Charged.

Could this be why all the details for Reload have vanished of their website and might we be seeing a rebrand of Blow Sh!t Up aswell.

• 1 year later...