The Swarm

JoshC.

Reading this topic and watching the videos has made me very excited for Monday the 26th of March. This looks like it could be one of the greatest coasters that the universe has ever known.The good reviews make this look like a promising ride. I've never ridden nothing quite like it before. Should be fun. I am excited about the fact that I am going to get to ride this ride soon enough.It looks cool

Mate, when SAW came about I thought it would be the one to beat. How wrong I was. This is the ride to beat!

THE SWARM sounds amazing. Me and my better half (Serena) have been following the build and updates with much anticipation. We live in manchester so can't just nip to the park and we missed out on any preview days so we're doing two days at the start of the easter hols. We became thorpe converts when Saw was opened so can't wait for THE SWARM. The annual passes have been sorted and the hotel is booked. Roll on the 2nd of april!!!

I've heard that Merlin Studios have been on site this past week adding more debris and applying finishing touches ready for tomorrow!

That's great that there will be a bit more theming to look at than what we saw with the live coverage, because it will be a bit more extra stuff to look at :wub:

Um... Very.Feeling sad that the plebs are unleashed on it as of tomorrow. I want it to stay shiny and amazing for ever, not get chewing gummed and have drawings etched in the queue fences :wub:

100% agree :P I'm so jelly I'm not going tomorrow though, it won't be as shiny in a week or so.Still have no seen any ads on the television, I'll keep an eye out!

Feeling sad that the plebs are unleashed on it as of tomorrow. I want it to stay shiny and amazing for ever, not get chewing gummed and have drawings etched in the queue fences :P

Ditto, I feel priveleged to have ridden it 3 times as Merlin Studios intended!Can I just reiterate again just how amazing the whole island is? Yes, I think I can. :P I just don't fancy being in that queue when it gets big (which they obviously anticipate!) - it took long enough to walk round it empty! :wub:

Um... Very.Feeling sad that the plebs are unleashed on it as of tomorrow. I want it to stay shiny and amazing for ever, not get chewing gummed and have drawings etched in the queue fences :wub:

This is the saddest thing for me. People who don't give a bitch about how to keep your gum/spit in your mouth and not to draw penises on the fences. </3

To be honest it wasn't that busy today. Got 4 rides on the Swarm. Don't think queue time got above 15 minutes or so all day. It did have short amount of downtime and I saw people being taken off the second train whilst it was in the transfer track. But that wasn't for long. Very enjoyable ride. So smooth and comfortable seats. Definitely my fav ride at TP now by a long way!---I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3u3amd

Evening all,Well wasn't that fun! All this time waiting hasn't been in vain, I'm more than happy with the new addition. Much more than happy!I only popped into Thorpe for one reason, to meet our new friend, so took four rides (front, back, left and right, in the name of research!). And MY GOD does it differ from seat to seat, it's almost as if we have 4 coasters for the price of one. I have never noticed such a difference before...The front offers lots of strange, floaty, "is it about to stall' hang-time moments in suprising places. While the back (especially the left) goes for the goulies like a starving terrier!! I managed what I wanted, to ride front left first. Then had a go at back left and was NOT expecting what happened next... I had heard mention of comparasons with Nemesis in terms of intensity, and of course I scoffed at this (PAH!). Now, however, it seems the old master has comething chomping at it's eight heels!Enjoy it, those who have yet to go for a spin...Regards,Dodge(and whoever it was I met in the shop, it IS all about the back left. Alas I cannot berate you by name as it didn't click you mentioned TPM till I had departed for another ride :wub: )

This topic has now been moved to the "Thorpe Park" Sub-Forum as the first day of the 2012 season sees an extremely successful public début for Thorpe's hotly-anticipated new rollercoaster! The remaining topics on Speculation & Theories, Merchandise, etc. will be sorted into more appropriate areas in due course, and there will be links made from the old areas to the new ones to make sure that those that are not aware of the topics being moved do not get too confused at topics randomly disappearing to different areas! Happy 2012 Swarminess!

Well, I must say it was thoroughly average, really nothing to write home about at all.So, to disect....ThemeingGenerally poor. Infact, I'd go as far as to say SAW is better themed. As you enter the island, yes, there is a big rollercoaster to the left, but a VERY generic tent thingy on the right, shockingly generic as it's an unthemed conference centre, with a well kept lawn..... Anyway, ignoring that terrible entrance, you then get into an island, which, seems to have been home to all of a church, a few containers and lots of emergency service vehicles. No consistency what so ever. If I'm supposed to think I'm in a small town, it fails miserably, it feels like a scrap yard, with a rollercoaster inside it. The station building is an excellent effort, but terrible at the same time. Yes, it's a good effort, but VERY inconsistent, and lacking continuity with the overall feel. It didn't blow me away, infact, it hardly made me notice anything at all. It could have been so much more than it is.RideRode 3 times, middle right, rear right and front left. Ok. Well, right hand side vs left. Personally, very little difference, I just hate with a passion that blood rush to the head on the left, similar feeling to going upside down bum first on Slammer. Otherwise, more water touchy feeling on the right, which is nice. Front is horrific, it's jerky and doesn't flow smoothly AT ALL. The ride slows HORRIBLY into the zero G, the incline loop makes me want to commit, no no no. All wrong, sorry front row, you are horrible. However, back and middle are nice, especially the zero G which is absolutely mmmmmm, great effect. Other than that it's all pretty average. It still suffers all the jerkyness and jolts of Furius Baco, just without the incredible speed. I'm not overally impressed.6/10