The Swarm

JoshC.

Was there for Ministry (also during the day)... Was lucky enough to be on a train where the fire effects went off.. It was mental to look at!

In terms of effects - Fire was present.. In a way.. Sound effects working, heli-blades rotating with splashdown there working but not the one by the fire engine. There seems to have been a new fountain added since my last visit, that spurts water up vertically by the helicopter.

It also seems like the fire isn't meant to trigger every time the train passes, only seemingly attempting to trigger completely randomly on between 1 in 3 to 1 in 7 times. With varying degrees of success.

The area is looking amazing in terms of themeing now that the ambulance and telephone box are in.. But I can't help but think that there should be something more by the entrance... So, hopefully future development of the island will address this.. :)

THE SWARM had some major downtime on Wednesday, didn't open up until 3pm.

However the moment it opened it had a massive queue. And it only really struck me then how fast the queue line moves, the thing is a throughput monster when its running full capacity!

I went on Wednesday afternoon and noticed the queue reached 90 mins, probs was more but I didn't bother queueing for it. I did also notice the fastrack queue for the Swarm was long - didn't surpriseme. I guess some people wanted to guarantee that they get a ride on it. Colossus and Nemesis Inferno were walk-on so I decided to get re-ride on those. SAW and Stealth still had a fair amount of people in the queue, I queued for around 30 mins for both.

Reqlly sorry if Ive asked this already, I really cant remember if I have.

But wouldnt it be cool if thorpe built some sub woofers under the floor off the Swarm island, and then every so often have an explosion sound effect going off making it sound like a battle, and with every explosion you would get a rubble under foot from the sub woofers.

What do you guys think?

Reqlly sorry if Ive asked this already, I really cant remember if I have.

But wouldnt it be cool if thorpe built some sub woofers under the floor off the Swarm island, and then every so often have an explosion sound effect going off making it sound like a battle, and with every explosion you would get a rubble under foot from the sub woofers.

What do you guys think?

Sounds awesome, why not suggest it on the Ask THORPE PARK forum

My first thought after I heard this...

Actually, it might make things more realistic, as the news report is meant to be like Sky after all...

After hearing that it's on constantly...

I'm holding onto hope.

I do hope they aren't doing this permanently, and this was just a glitch or something. Not only would it ruin the atmosphere a bit, it would be a shame to see a very good video which obviously had a lot of thought put into it used for only a few months...