The Swarm

JoshC.

Maybe it's just the angle the photos are taken, but it looks like there's a possibility for a second 'near miss' (or at the very least, look quite close) opportunity with the billboard after the corkscrew? Either way, great addition! Certainly fits in and adds to the overall feel of the area.

I think it will be quite near, I expect that corner is cut out for a reason!

I think the billboard is a fab addition to the ride - but I do wonder what the cost of that billboard could've achieved if spent elsewhere on the park! I love the Swarm (sorry, SWARM) and SWARM Island, but I do question Thorpe's priorities sometimes.

If there's no new X and only 1 train on Swarm to start the season, this would be a monumentous fail on Thorpe's part :blink:

I assume you will be given a time slot and are spread out throughout the day... I hope.

Yeah that's the plan, but what I mean is that I don't fancy joining 999 enthusiasts in a nice long queue in the Dome at 10:03am on Sunday...

Would rather actually do it FORWARDS first and other rides at that time :P

It says "Sold Out", but whenever I refreshed the page on another device, I was able to get other tickets for 2 other people that are coming with me on Sunday. Now, all it says is "Pending". Maybe Thorpe have already sold out, but I'm getting a few more by constantly refreshing the page.

I just need 1 more, so that all 4 of us can go on it backwards. Argh!

Yep, 1 ticket for each annual pass. There are 4 of us going (each with annual passes), and I had to go through the process 4 times for each of us. But the website just started to act funny and giving me buttons that said "Purchase" but when I did, it then led me to a "Sold Out" page.

They've sold out in 8 minutes Thorpe said on my comment on Facebook, and I've got 3 tickets. So one of us is annoyed that they didn't get a ticket...

The swarm backwards is AMAZING!!!! For me it has made the ride so much better. And put it has a contender for my top priority rides now and as you lot know I haven't been the swarms bigger fan.

However I can tell a few goes going backwards will be very sickly whilst making your head throb!

Well today the fastback entrance is for the back and main queue for the front. They then give you a ticket at the bagging area to take to queue where the fence has been cut back halfway where front riders go on per norm and back riders continue down split path.

It looks like in the station will work effectively - not sure about the main queue line though.