The Swarm

JoshC.

Should do a towers.. not introduce fastrack on new rides to ensure the operation runs smoothly, and so you can get a relatively accurate average throughput.. then price accordingly if you really must do it.

Like they did on Saw? ;)

No real surprise if there is fastrack for back rows, hopefully it's abit more that £6. My bigger worry is in the station and how busy it gets, IMO they should only allow 2 trains of people In the station and send through 28 every time a trains sent to try control it

The swarm backwards was novel and that was about it.

Before I rode I was optimistic about the ride experience it'd offer but it does kill the ride. I've ridden it at the back on both sides now but for me, the best seat is now the front right...especially with the billboard..love it!

So had a few goes on The Swarms back and front rows last night. I am undecided on my preference. Whatever row, it gives you a solid, dependable ride so thats a positive and there is no way that viewing the rides backwards has in anyway ruined the experience. Back is definitely preferable in the rain though, the front is like riding through speeding bullets.

Ugh Backwards fast track, seriously? -_-

EDIT:

Guess who's come to visit us? Xbox 360 are here with the new Gears of War Judgment and you can play it first at THORPE PARK!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151522451490867&set=a.377923300866.202576.27217550866&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Guess this must confirm (if it wasn't already obvious) that Swarm is based on Gears of War, a mutual agreement, Thorpe promo the game if they can use it a ride concept.

I doubt it, the Swarm doesn't look much like anything out of Gears Of War. Also Thorpe Park have previously showcased games such as Left for Dead 2 and Dead Space and

they don't have any rides based from either of those games.

Actually what Alex said makes sense as when we were waiting for the name people thought it was going to be a gears of War ride as the font for The Swarm (or WAR as it was known as before officially named) is exactly the same as the Gears of War font.

Just makes me want to avoid the ride with them almost forcing you to get Fastrack and the queue it will cause. The Swarm is the ride I go on the least, I have more rides on Vortex than the Swarm.

Same!! The swarm is one of my least ridden rides in the park.

Putting fastrack for the swarm backwards is a dreadful mistake- loads are likely to buy it and it will make the queue an absolute nightmare!

Completely crazy that something with this low capacity, that pretty much everyone on park will want to experience, is using fasttrack. More proof that Thorpe literally don't care about guest experience. Something which is being advertised as 'New for 2013' that had an already low capacity of 8 will now probably be 4 or 6 for those who aren't willing to stump up a load more cash. Horrible, horrible business.

Very impressed with The Swarm and it's ride team today, we really enjoyed the backwards seats and new near miss(es) and they kept it on two trains for the whole day even though it was near enough to walk on for most of the day, and we stayed on multiple times towards the end of the day.

Managed 16 rides in total today, we didn't even have to queue extra to "brave it backwards!" (Apart from before lunch)

The Swarm is not based on GoW... The ride was never called WAR, it just happens that the word is part of the word SWARM and also ties in with the theme of the alien attacking Earth. It's a bit like my username...

The font is actually the same for a start, plus it can't be just me seeing the resemblance between the Swarm trains and:

(skip to 2.45)

I think it's definitely plausiable Thorpe was inspired by it, especially considering the kryll travel in groups (a swarm). I shouldn't have used the term 'based', I just can't see personally how it can just be coincidental.

I see absolutely no resemblance between THE SWARM and these "Kryll" creatures.

I was genuinely expecting a Predator tie in because of the latest Predator movie but the movie kinda flopped so they backed out and renamed it but the trains and graphics were already rendered/manufactured so they decided to theme is around a swarm of aliens.........

Don't even BOTHER trying to tell me Merlin wouldn't stoop so low for one of their UK parks...

Agreed.

I think it's definitely plausiable Thorpe was inspired by it, especially considering the kryll travel in groups (a swarm). I shouldn't have used the term 'based', I just can't see personally how it can just be coincidental.

Firstly, Merlin had the Swarm in the pipeline for years, and secondly I don't think they'd base it on such a pile of poop.

Whilst that is true, I find comparisons between the front row and backwards rows a bit pointless.

The front row isn't marketed. Front rows are always there on roller coasters; they're nothing too special. However, people want to go on them for various reasons, hence why front row Fastrack make sense. But the backwards rows are marketed (and relatively heavily this season as well). It's something that people are solely queueing the whole time for, and it's something with a low throughput. As I've said before, it's like the backwards rows are 'like a separate attraction', whereas front row isn't.

So yeah, the way I see it, whilst there's similarities between the two, you can't really compare them, especially for things such as Fastrack...

Hooray! More exaggerated post-hoc backstory explanation with gratuitous video flicker and static! :D Now if only the ride itself had any similarities with those videos and the theme would actually be interesting.

Whatever, what is going on here? It seems like some kind of very elaborate attempt to raise public awareness about the Swarm's backwards seats. He he, no thanks Adam I'll leave you to fight your own resistance.