The Swarm

JoshC.

Okay let's have your CV as you have worked in every single industry known to man.

It's TheMan from TowersStreet and I claim my £5...

So now it's because the billboard is 'old hat'... Yeah, of course, because it's a old system of advertising it makes it unlikely to get to the masses that walk past it anyways...

As an advert, it gets through to a hell load of people EVERY... SINGLE... DAY... End of... What a perfect place to be positioned to extend the reach of the park to the masses who may not be scouring the internet for information about the park, indeed, how many people visit parks on a whim? Probably a fair amount, so perhaps this 'out-of-date' method of advertising to the masses isn't as bad an idea as before...

Even I know from an advertising point of view that you need to get an image out to as many people as possible using AS MANY METHODS AS YOU CAN... Indeed, just step back and think, Piccadilly Circus is a place full of tourists AND commuters, constantly busy for hours every day... All they have to do is plant the name of the ride/park into the minds of people... It's that simple, then word of mouth takes over...

Advertising is so simple... There is no master method of doing things that us none-advertising experienced people cannot understand...

Quite clear from the stuff tonight, the majority of us 'non-knowing' people know a lot more than the apparent experienced one...

Park put advert on big screen for people.

Big screen located somewhere where 650,000 pedestrians walk through daily.

People see big screen.

People acknowledge Thorpe Park and The Swarm.

People tell/ask other people about it.

People go on internet to research Thorpe Park.

People go to Thorpe Park.

Thorpe Park makes more money.

Simples.

I just can't believe Thorpe Park are advertising in Piccadilly Circus on a HUGE LED billboard and someone is complaining about it....

But this is the internet and there are "enthusiasts" with access to a keyboard, it's a toxic combination ;)

I think it's a good move by Thorpe Park personally - no stupid tabloid gimmicks, prominent location, and a target audience that are at least in the locale of Thorpe Park itself. I do question how much it costs, but then, Coca Cola are the exclusive drinks provider at Thorpe, so methinks there'll be some sort of discount involved there, as it's "their" part of the billboards at Picadilly Circus.

PS. Looks like I missed out on some drama last night whilst in the land of nod!

They are advertising The Swarm on the side of youtube videos now, I would say that good advertisement, cos according to youtube:

• Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
  • Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
  • In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
  • Millions of subscriptions happen each day.

so a not every country will see the advert, but a lodda lodda people are still gonna see it.

I did do a print screen of the advert, I dont know how to get it on here though.

Queues were horrendous today for Swarm.

The announcements around the area were saying 35 minutes for forwards, 30-45 minutes for backwards. Reality was 70 minutes backwards and something around the hour mark for forwards.

The backwards queue system also fails when staff forget to hand out tickets and those who are queueing to go forwards in the station are able to go to the backwards rows and say they weren't handed a ticket...

I do dread how this is going to end up on busy days. :/

The announcements around the area were saying 35 minutes for forwards, 30-45 minutes for backwards. Reality was 70 minutes backwards and something around the hour mark for forwards.

The backwards queue system also fails when staff forget to hand out tickets and those who are queueing to go forwards in the station are able to go to the backwards rows and say they weren't handed a ticket...

Just out of interest, is the second train back on the track again yet?

Well who could have guessed that would happen, huh?!!

Regardless of ride experience, this is why it was, and remains, a stupid idea that should never have happened.

So it appears the discussion has mutated in to themepark vomit. I remember Saw closing once when I was there because someone churned red. Another time, I was paying for goods in the big shop Legoland and while I was paying, a little kid chucked up on the floor a couple of metres away. It definately wasn't pleasant witnessing it.