The Swarm

JoshC.

Gone back to exactly how it was. On our visit on Wednesday the left side of the train backwards seats were going out empty consistently as there was no one queueing that side for them - despite there being a 120 minute backwards queue!!

I would not have been amused, 'thankfully' I was only stuck in the 80min forward queue with breakdowns...

EDIT: Forgot to say that on Wednesday the fire was working during the morning/early afternoon. No other effects working though - no TVs, no TV audio, no water, no water vapour from the plane wing etc etc.

The reserve and ride is being trailed again in September I believe after a few tweaks maybe?

As for effects I noticed the TVs were down but apart from that the water skim / fire / mist at the fire engine / plane were working. Saw staff looking at the TV's trying to fix them too.

• 3 weeks later...

I ventured onto SWARM today; that's the oddest way to run a queue-line. One for facing backwards billed as being forty-five minutes long, the other for facing forwards twenty. Went into the forward (the right way) and it merged with the backwards in front of the baggage store, with no staff controlling, then I was putting the bag in whilst about twenty people walked past me in to the queue area. Once I had lodged my bag, I excused myself and passed most of those I could recognize, to then queue (indoors) to make my way to the front row, and to the airgate - no member of staff had been anywhere in all of that. Odd.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my first ride on The Swarm in the dark on Friday.

The view from the lift-hill is amazing, the park looks so beautiful all lit up and colourful.

It's a just a shame half the lights on the train weren't working, plus no fire or water effects but still, I have a lot more love for this ride now :wub:

Swarm in the dark is brilliant and if you're timings well with fire, then it's even more impressive.

Backwards in the dark is brilliant as you feel you're being dragged through the air and everything becomes distorted in the meantime. Shame I got stuck on the ride for 10 minutes due to a breakdown during my last ride on fright night preview.

Swarms mist has generally worked all year quite reliably, the water skim at the helicopter has also worked most of the year. I noticed today that they have also got the one near the firetruck working (with some modifications so it don't actually go into the firetruck / flame.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see every effect working on my trip to thorpe yesterday... we were lucky enough to have the flame go off (even though I was braving it backwards, still seen it), the water skim by the helicopter, the mist by the fire truck, and the new water spray by the fire truck which I've never seen! a shame the fire wasn't working in the evening for some reason.

Nice to see every effect working on my trip to thorpe yesterday... we were lucky enough to have the flame go off (even though I was braving it backwards, still seen it), the water skim by the helicopter, the mist by the fire truck, and the new water spray by the fire truck which I've never seen! a shame the fire wasn't working in the evening for some reason.

I had all the effects too!

If swarm breaks down, the ride is not fully restarted and the fire effect is shut off or something like that. Because of this, when the ride is back in operation, because the ride is not fully restarted, the fire is not restarted and can only be restarted the next day...