The Swarm

JoshC.

The backwards queue was open when I last visited (Saturday), and they were also giving tickets to use for the back rows as well.

I do think though they should just have one queue for forward and back as it would work much better for queue experience and throughput, also considering that there were a few back rows going through empty on my visit due to dispatching workings.

The backwards queue was open when I last visited (Saturday), and they were also giving tickets to use for the back rows as well.

I do think though they should just have one queue for forward and back as it would work much better for queue experience and throughput, also considering that there were a few back rows going through empty on my visit due to dispatching workings.

Wow I didnt even know they still had tickets go give out. Ive been 5 times this year and haven't seen them in use once.

Ticket? they haven't used tickets in about a year. People misuse the queue all the time. It seems to be pick the shortest queue out of the 2 and choose in the station.

What can you expect when there is no clear system? It's a total mess. When the backwards queue is open, they often don't give tickets resulting in confusion in the station. When the queue is closed, nobody knows how to go backwards as the Brave it Backwards sign is still there, yet the gate is closed. How can you expect people to understand which queue's what?

Whatever happened to the good old days of one queue per ride?

Considering there is a large A frame at the entrance which tells guests to use the main queue when the Brave It Backwards queue is closed, it's not as though it's unclear. If people took the time to read the signage at the park things wouldn't be 'such a mess'.

People won't be doing that with the excitement of riding. No one wants to read when they're excited.

Don't know why they still bother splitting queues. Run them like a front row queue in the station like they managed beforehand.

There's still nothing stopping you joining the backwards queue, getting a ticket, pocketing the ticket and going forwards.

Surely they get complaints about this, but then again thorpe like to argue against complaints rather than take anything on board or try to resolve things, as judged by their quite frankly awful social media responses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The entire swarm island has just been evacuated, anyone have any idea why?

The ride queue time app stated that the ride was closed this morning? But it is open now. Have no clue why it was closed or why the whole island was evacuated though? 

The swarm was brilliant last night at summer nights, much better than I had ever ridden it. Rode it 9 times forwards and twice backwards. Backwards was good but I prefered forwards as we got the fire 3 times and could really feel the heat. It also looks amazing in the dark and all the water effects were on! A big thank you to all the swarm ride team as it was the last ride open at 20 past 10 instead of closing at 10 and still had no queue so we were staying on! Thank you very much the swarm was the best and most forceful ride last night!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time on my VIP "behind the scenes" of The Swarm after Park close. Was especially lucky to be treated to an impromptu tour around some of the lesser-trodden areas of the ride...!

swarmbts43.jpg

Yes, it's a real aeroplane - it even still smelled like an aircraft interior when inside...! More shots at Total Thorpe Park.

I personally don't find The Swarm that forceful yet. Although I can see the potential in some areas and I think in a few years it'll be pretty intense, woo. 

Depends if you rode it in its first season or not. When I first rode it in 2012 I loved the ride but it wasn't intense as such. Now it's got much more of an edge to it. Most B&M's go through this kind of life cycle.

Had a great time on my VIP "behind the scenes" of The Swarm after Park close. Was especially lucky to be treated to an impromptu tour around some of the lesser-trodden areas of the ride...!

swarmbts43.jpg

Yes, it's a real aeroplane - it even still smelled like an aircraft interior when inside...! More shots at Total Thorpe Park.

Love it, thanks for that Ben :D

I find that first helix crazy on the inside wing. Other then that its still not quite inferno, but they;re completely different.

Last visit they were using the tickets, so I'm not sure what LC is on about.

I wonder if the development (or possilbe development) on the island next door will have anything to do with the swarm.

Also, forgot to put this here...:

• 2 weeks later...