Sea World

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

Great, here comes Galactica 2.

Cant say I'm a massive fan of this, but hopefully Sea World can do wonders and it won't cripple the throughout. Fingers crossed a non VR option will still be available.

As if SeaWorld need an excuse to make the throughputs lower then it already is. The positive I suppose is that Kraken is a relatively long ride so the staff should have time to clean the headsets in between cycles.

• 1 month later...

After visiting recently I can see that its the weaker of the ride selection from the lack of a queue time, I could literally have re-rode this all day on my visit it was walk on pretty much all day, so from that point I guess choosing kraken makes sense but I'm sceptical over VR.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

And it's going in that dead corner of the park where the old clyesdale barns used to be back when it was Anheiser Busch, yes! Hopefully with this, and Blackstone being out and a new Chinese firm taking their stake we might finally see some improvements to gate figures!

Look forward to what these new features are, it's a competitive market the rapids one in Orlando, competing with Popeye is quite something!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I think this has been slightly lost what with Coronavirus and talk about Eftelings sheds.

Seaworld Orlando will be opening the worlds first B&M surf coaster. No one knows exactly what this will look like or ride vehicles thus far, all we know is that track has already arrived at the site and Seaworld has paid 4 million dollars.. The other piece of news is that this will be some kind of launch rollercoaster. A big rumour thus far is that it will be B&M's answer to the Intamin blitz coaster or Mack mega coaster. Now considering there are only two launch coasters by B&M currently operating, this would be quite a sea change from B&M who have typically shied away from launch methods as they were seen as unreliable. I guess not anymore,.

1075305670_Screenshot2020-06-29at10_26_10.thumb.png.9c325de77b4270da65d65b8c7dd387a7.png

I find this pretty exciting. IMO Seaworld Orlando already has one of the finest B&M line ups in the world and a B&M launch coaster akin to Taron or Helix would be like a pipe dream for me.

It's a really curious model. I'd personally be very surprised if it is the equivalent of a multi-launch: with Intamin, Mack, Vekoma and Premier all offering multi launch rides, along with Gerstlauer and S&S offering swing launch models, it's already a saturated market. It feels unnecessary, and potentially risky, for a park to approach B&M to do one when they have so little experience with launches, and would be an odd, out-there choice for B&M to start developing.

But then, what else could be they developing? The 'surf' naming feels more like something akin to a swing launch, but then the same reasoning as before: why would B&M get in that game now?

Obviously I could be way off base, but I feel like this is could be more than just a launch coaster.

I think this will incorporate some sort of innovation. Maybe it'll use multiple splash downs? B&M have mastered them by now, maybe even a launched water coaster? It needs a hook to be fair, like why should a park go to B&M when they have Mack, Intamin, S&S, Premier, Gerstlauer, and Vekoma that already make launch coasters and have been doing so for a while..

11 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I think this will incorporate some sort of innovation. Maybe it'll use multiple splash downs? B&M have mastered them by now, maybe even a launched water coaster? It needs a hook to be fair, like why should a park go to B&M when they have Mack, Intamin, S&S, Premier, Gerstlauer, and Vekoma that already make launch coasters and have been doing so for a while..

For the same reason companies purchase B&M hypers and gigas over the Intamin/mack/Gerstlauer equivalents. With B&M comes the ultimate quality in rollercoaster design, reliability and capacity. Busch also seems to have a good working relationship with B&M, probably why they are are building their fourth ride at Seaworld Orlando.