Fastrack And Size Question

cazz0069

Question

Hi from Australia everyone!We are coming over in May and I have just found this awesome forum so I thought I`d throw a question your way....Having only ever really been to Australian amusement parks (I did go to Alton Towers back in 1998, just as Oblivion opened) but the concept of Fast Track passes were not even invented, nor have they really reached our shores....As we really want to make the most of our day at TP...would anyone recommend purchasing the `unlimited ride fast track` pass for May (in the 2nd week probably) If its really going to save us a ton of time then its worth the investment but I was reading the TP page on Facebook and was surprised to hear how quiet the opening of the season has been, I suppose the weather would still be cool so the chances of the park getting busier goes without saying, but just thought I`d see what some people with experience think :)I was also intrigued to read an old thread about torso sizes and fitting on the various rides. My partner and I are both under the 51" size (both around 48") but was curious to hear if any of the `larger members` have had any problems with Swarm.Would love to hear any feedback anyone can supply. Thanks everyone! :P

20 answers to this question

Hi, Australia!I would say not to buy until the day - it's a lot of money to blow if the park is dead anyway and you can pick it up when you get there if it is busy enough to warrant it. There are no local school holidays at that time so if you are going mid week you probably won't need it really. You are also incredibly lucky that fast track hasn't invaded Oz yet!If your only experience of UK parks is Alton it's probably only fair to warn you that Thorpe couldn't be more different. It is packed full of great rides but it is tiny in comparison - there's no escaping the fact you are in a disused quarry pit and not the grounds of a stately home.I'm a bit bigger than you and have had no problems with any Thorpe restraints other than being a bit snug on Colossus, sure you'll be fine. Have a great time!

Go in the week as the park is deadsaturdays and sundays can be a diffrent story..If theres 2 of you you should get some 2 for 1 vouchers.

Thanks for your responses guys. Really appreciated. We are going through the week. Dominick, Where do you get the 2 4 1 vouchers from? Any other tips? What are the slow moving queues? Really hanging out for stealth and swarm. We have superman the escape here in Oz which is like a mini stealth but my partner was bigger at the time and not able to ride. It would be a shame for him to miss out again so he measured his torso and he comes in at 48" :-)

Thanks for your responses guys. Really appreciated. We are going through the week. Dominick, Where do you get the 2 4 1 vouchers from? Any other tips? What are the slow moving queues? Really hanging out for stealth and swarm. We have superman the escape here in Oz which is like a mini stealth but my partner was bigger at the time and not able to ride. It would be a shame for him to miss out again so he measured his torso and he comes in at 48" :-)

If he comes in at 48in then you'll have no trouble, but try the test seats outside the rides to avoid disappointment. The slow moving queues... well, if it's midweek lately there hasn't been any. The most queues have been lately is about ten minutes; I wouldn't faff with the fast track. But yeah, May, midweek, schools are in here in the UK, should be very quiet...

Where do you get the 2 4 1 vouchers from?

If you manage to make it out of the Airport without someone throwing some at you you'll be doing well!! WH Smith, Pizza Hut, Tesco, Sainsburys, Walkers Crisps and many more dish them out on pack or with a small purchase. You really won't have trouble finding them!

If you manage to make it out of the Airport without someone throwing some at you you'll be doing well!! WH Smith, Pizza Hut, Tesco, Sainsburys, Walkers Crisps and many more dish them out on pack or with a small purchase. You really won't have trouble finding them!

Hahahaha really they are that easy? Excellent, I`ll get my friends to start shopping, ordering take away and buying heaps of crisps then. Thanks again guys, your answers have really helped. If you can throw any more tips more way, they would be greatly appreciated.

Take a quell before you go on it (a travel sickness pill!), it's dark, it goes backwards and you can't see much. It's not very fast and it throws you around pretty bad.But hey its a old ride and worth a ride at least, but after a few rides on Stealth etc you won't get much out of this ride in my opinion.

Swarm really is something for you to look forward to, I'm sure you'll love it.Swarm doesn't ride anything like X2, as it is not actively trying to tear the skin from your corpse as you ride. X2 is more of an experience, but The Swarm is by far the more enjoyable solid ride.

6'6"? You might be able to fit. I'd definitely try out the test seats outside the queue beforehand though. You should fit with a squeeze, and you might exprience a little discomfort later in the ride, but it's B&M so it's not going to be too painful - that you can bank on. I say go for it and enjoy your day, whenever you go! :)