Chessington In The Media

With Chessington officially opening tomorrow, I thought it'd be interesting to start a topic based on Chessington's media coverage- after seeing some interesting pictures yesterday/today aimed at promoting Madagascar Live :oPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image^^Very nice way of getting the word about and creating attention, and the idea of the animals in the city even fits in with the story of Madagascar itself! :DAround 5.20pm today I also heard the end of a Chessington television advert downstairs but didn't see any of the advert itself! :(It is very nice to see that despite their low investment in Chessington, Merlin are still serious about getting people through the gates and that they're giving CWoAR some TV advertising just like Alton Towers and Thorpe Park :D

Just seen the advert as I found they have the TV advert on their website ^_^It was good they were keeping the theme of the explorer and the zoo and rides got equal mention. (mainly vampire and kobra)You can see how proud chessington are of madagascar this year just because they are showing the madagascar logo as much as possible

Chessington was plastered all over ITV1 this morning (and will be all week)...This Morning's competition VT's were filmed at CWoAR, and were shown at least 4 times within the 2 hour show. They showed the park in a really good light, and each VT was effectively a 2-minute advert for the park. It did also mention Madagascar, and focused heavily on the 'resort' aspect :)Looks like they really are making the most of the Madagascar brand, and there's a new Madagascar movie this year so that can't hurt ^_^

I have not actually seen the advert on tv...then again I usually just stay on the computer all day every day so why would I?I have to agree with Insider9150. While I would have enjoyed a new advert, it is only a small attraction and is probably enough to pull in the crowds this year.Hopefully a new one next year though. The boy in it gets on my nerves after a while.

Saw the advert up here last night. It's rather awful to have same advert as last year then plonk something else on the end.But seriously.. why the eff are they advertising in the Midlands? A total of about zero people will venture down there because of the ads.

• 3 years later...

This was from a while ago, but I didn't notice it at the time and noticed it mentioned in a report of some new charges this week. Chessington was an ideal place for pedophiles to pick up children in the 90's, apparently. Been shocked and appalled by some of the people caught up in all this stuff, but always thought this guy was a slimy wrong-un.

Eww yuck. Pretty sure years ago there was a news report on a paedophile that got taken to CWOA by his probation officer (or similar).

A few years back I got chatting to a bloke on Vampire ride - ended up going round a few times on the ride with him. He was on his own which I just assumed he was an enthusiast - when I told my mum she said "well clearly he's a paedo" erm well I was in my 20s so he was targeting the wrong person.

I don't doubt that paedophiles go to parks because they will go to places where kids are but its kinda sad that if a male is on his own it automatically looks dodgy (to some people)