War is here.  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of The Swarm?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • The Worst thing to come out of Merlin since Storm Surge

So now that the majority of TPM members have had their chance to ride The Swarm, please vote here on what you think of Thorpe Park's newest rollercoaster. Was it worth the wait, does the rides theming blow you away or does the shortness of the layout make you feel unsatisfied.Posted ImageVote now :)

Voted excellent.Don't think there's much more I can add to the reviews I've already written to be honest. The theming is top quality, the effects are very good, the story is set out fantastically and is made believable. Then, there's a brilliant, well paced ride that leaves riders wanting to go again and again and again... The ride has been thought through perfectly to ensure there's no 'bad' place to sit, and I've found it extremely comfortable as well.The ride is the Mary Poppins of roller coasters for me - practically perfect in every way.10/10

I voted excellent, because it absolutely is.That does not mean it's perfect though, it really is too short, the near misses are a bit of a non-event and a few bits don't actually work (flames, eye lights, sound timing and the wing mist has already packed up a few times).It is so much fun to ride though, with a lot of different experiences on various seats, smooth but surprisingly forceful in places and some superb bits of theming, it can only be excellent.

I voted excellent. Great theming, great ride and a great feel of devastation where ever you go on the island. Ohhhhhh, I don't think I've mentioned this yet; I actually love the toilets, despite their lack of theming! I made excuses to go in there just for the hand dryers. :)

I voted excellent. Great theming, great ride and a great feel of devastation where ever you go on the island. Ohhhhhh, I don't think I've mentioned this yet; I actually love the toilets, despite their lack of theming! I made excuses to go in there just for the hand dryers. :)

And that massive sink in the middle! It's huge compared to the others!!

Voted excellent.The Swarm is the most beautiful coaster to open in the United Kingdom for a very long time, and what a ride she is!It is smooth, graceful, well themed and surprisingly forceful in parts. When all the effects are working it should be even better !:DThe ride's audio is great and I love the story! The island is quite immersive (although it could do with a bit more theming) and the station building is very well themed!Top class ride! Welcome back B&M!:)

For Thorpe Park, it is a brilliant ride with impressive themeing and an overall brilliant experience. I wouldn't like to give it a top rating however, purely because it didn't have that 'oh my god that was breath-takingly good' when the ride was over. So yeah, despite it being a class ride , there are betters out there so it just falls short of excellent for me.

I have voted good as I believe it is a fantastic addition to the park - but I don't think it is the best ride there. I'm extremely happy with the new addition and I believe it's a great ride - It's nice and immersive and a couple of the loops on it are some of my favourites - Well done Thorpe :)