Topspin, or not topspin?

Tom

Topspin or not topspin?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should Thorpe Park get a topspin?

In the years to come, I would like to see a new show in the Pirates 4D building, some new flat rides and some updating and general maintenance of the current rides and that's all on top of adding resturants etc.

A few new flat rides would be nice for me:

A topspin

A mondial airwolf

A mondial shake/huss booster

It's about time they did something with the old Pirates building. Been empty for too long. :glare: I'm not sure if I'd rather see another movie in there, or convert it to (yet another) restaurant.

I think when Alton get rid of Ripsaw, that they should move it to Thorpe :)

Can't see the point in that, considering Rameses @ Chessington is 18 years old now, and I think Ripsaw is about the same age.

No because ripsaw is run on rubbish cycles and would be run on even worse ones at thorpe! Just compare ripsaws cycles(rubbish) to ones on rameses revenge(good)!

Rameses revenge:

Ripsaw:

At least on rameses you always get a soaking aswell and most times you'll get a double soaking! Rameses always goes around twice due to short queues and you always get the spin cycle. But with ripsaw it is popular so you barely ever get a good, long cycle! That's why I'm glad we have rameses at chessington because it isn't very popular there and peaks at 20/30 min queues!

Christ are you a troll or a moron?

Rameses - slow, incredibly slow, has 2 settings (either crap, or double crap depending - luckily you get to ride both as noone likes the ride). The operators cant play with the fountains, you only get water up your nose as it holds you waiting for the operator to stop fountains (do they not trust operators?!) before releasing the braking mechanism.

Ripsaw - 8 settings (ask for a good one, you'll get it), about 3 times the speed of rameses, the operators can constantly play with fountains meaning you can get soaked throughout ride cycle rather than just at end. Shortest ride cycle on ripsaw (in public use) actually lasts longer than rameses, even with rammy dragging its sorry arse about trying to do anything.

Actually know what you're talking about before speaking.

The more years that pass the further away from that ride should Thorpe go, they are old rides, the whole concept has been around for what two decades now and it's not something that will draw the crowds in. If Thorpe suddenly said 'hey come ride our new top spin' they would get 'been there, done that, bought the t-shirt'.

No because ripsaw is run on rubbish cycles and would be run on even worse ones at thorpe! Just compare ripsaws cycles(rubbish) to ones on rameses revenge(good)!

Rameses revenge:

Ripsaw:

At least on rameses you always get a soaking aswell and most times you'll get a double soaking! Rameses always goes around twice due to short queues and you always get the spin cycle. But with ripsaw it is popular so you barely ever get a good, long cycle! That's why I'm glad we have rameses at chessington because it isn't very popular there and peaks at 20/30 min queues!

I agree with you, despite what people say I find that a ride on Rameses is much more enjoyable and thrilling than Ripsaw. I'm talking about as the general public, not people who ask for a paticular cycle or anything - if ripsaw has so many good cycles then why is it run so poorly? I mean seriously, last october I went on Ripsaw twice and it didn't even do one full flip (and I mean the fast ones), whereas Rameses does four in a row per ride!

Ripsaw was always a bit rubbish in my experience. It never really did very much and compared to Rameses Revenge, which has its own little pit to spin around in and plenty of spectators, I found the experience less communal and physical. Suddenly all that changed when last year it was on a brilliant setting! Far more thrilling than anything Rameses Revenge does these days. I love the effect of initially teasing you with a 'spray' of water vapour, then coming back round later and getting a full on soak.

Surely Rameses Revenge was not always on such tame settings. They really ought to skip the first cycle and move on to a more thrilling setting that uses the ride's full potential.

Oh yes, and Thorpe Park should never get one. If they didn't 15 years ago, they should definitely not now.

I've never been on either and don't intend to, but Ripsaw has always looked more reliable and better kept.

If there's one ride Thorpe should get it's Boneshaker. Unfortunately I never got to see or try this ride, as it was taken out of Alton Towers about a year before my first ever visit. However, I know it's sorely missed, is rare to see one, is different from other rides and would somehow (don't ask me how) fit in at Thorpe Park, even if it was placed in another area than Saw Alive's area.

I've never been on either and don't intend to, but Ripsaw has always looked more reliable and better kept.

If there's one ride Thorpe should get it's Boneshaker. Unfortunately I never got to see or try this ride, as it was taken out of Alton Towers about a year before my first ever visit. However, I know it's sorely missed, is rare to see one, is different from other rides and would somehow (don't ask me how) fit in at Thorpe Park, even if it was placed in another area than Saw Alive's area.

What is a bone shaker??

Oh a mondial supernova- just like the one at winter wonderland in 2010 :)

I have never been on one myself but look interesting however I would rather have one like wipeout at dreamworld which goes all the way over upside down, the only reason is that it would be more intense. However, if thorpe are appealing to families again, I think it would be the ideal ride for them.

It can run it on a better setting - but it lasts 90 seconds. That's literally the same length as rameses 2nd programme (well, it would be if rammy didn't take forever to do anything).

Then everyone complains that it doesn't last. So they use the long settings which are almost as good (programme 8 ftw).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

After riding Talocan this week, I'll say the newer Suspended Top Spins are great rides (although you do get a slight ball crushing), but without music/show elements, they'd be awkward to ride due to the squeaks and lack of screaming.

I did the crappy one at Heidi Park a few days before and it was DIRE. Like really.

• 1 month later...