Single Rider

coolskin

Question

9 answers to this question

Is there no single rider for anything in 2012 except Stealth ?Am planning to go Sunday again yet only if there is single riders, I did not notice the other week when I went

I am afraid not. They removed it this season and replaced Stealth's with a disabled entrance and Fish with a first plaice queue.

Thorpe just don't do SRQs it seems. The plans for Swarm showed one, but or was dropped in favour of a front row queue.

There's always the debate about how well SRQs work anyone, amd that they make things worse, not better. Personally, I think if a queue is designed to suit one well enough (arguably Stealth's and Swarm's designs were poorly thought out...) then there's no problem with them.

How does having a Single Rider Queue reduce your standard queuing times?

Because you've got to assume the single rider taking that seat would have joined the standard queue if SRQ did not exist. So not only does it fill the seat next to the 'existing' single rider that they are paired up with (purely a bum on a seat), it avoids a further pair of sets being used by the single rider who would otherwise join the SRQ line (throughput and therefore standard queue - improved).

Agree SRQ does not work if the ride set up was not designed for it. Inferno / Colossus exit ramp shenanigans good riddance, but Stealth was designed for it and it worked well so it seems daft to lose it.