Madagascar

I have to say that I'm not quite as happy as many other people seem to be about Madagascar (based on reading comments across the web and forums).

I think it is "not bad" but on balance preferred the Dragon's Theatre for the following reasons:

1) Huge space being taken up by Madagascar

2) You could watch Dragons even in rain / poor weather

3) You could safely leave very little ones in Dragons whilst having a coffee

4) Based on the feedback from my daughter and her friends who are very regular visitors (ages 3-6) they liked Madagascar but didn't want to watch it again. Compared to Dragons, when they even wanted to go and watch repeat performances on the same day.

Interested to know what other regular visitors think....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I disagree, I think the show is on a par with someof the american theme park style shows, disney/universal. It is far more professional than the dragon theatre show, and has set a new professional standard for all Merlin Park Shows. Dragons Theatre was under cover but very unprofessional and typical of old style chessingon entertainment. And leaving the kids to watch the dragons show, whilst you go off to have a coffee/tea is just not family inspired.

In the past 3 to 4 weeks the madagascar show has been upgraded with extra lighting and pyrotechics that is brilliant

• 1 month later...

So did you see the show then? Or are you just commenting on how it looks? It's a vast improvement on what was there before IMO. Looks really cool and adds a great atmosphere to the centre of the park. Guests seem to love it from looking at their reactions and just asking them. It's about time Chessington got more live entertainment. Just sort Jumbos out along with the new ride next year and we're on to a winner with the completion of "Africa".