Cedar Point

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Chikara

This is looking good, another fine B&M for the Point. Cp's coaster collection is growing evermore impressive. Truly the "Roller Coaster Capitol of the World!"

The lift hill is about 1/2 up.

Great! I'm (obviously) excited to see the park get another world class beemer. Raptor is what set the way for most of the following Inverts, hopefully, GateKeeper will do the same. The layout is a simple out-and-back, yet it gives the illusion of being something else, and it doesn't even seem like an out-and-back. Truly a unique fit for the point, this is shaping up to be a excellent coaster.

Well as we most of us probably know Gatekeeper has been topped off now! I'm in love with these two images!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also The bottom of the drop has been started, looking very similar to Swarms construction!

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's a a very large selection of photos starting from the beginning of the construction including the demolition of the entrance gate which can be found here: http://www.wkyc.com/...?storyid=266309

Subtle shun towards towers! Cedar Point are further into their construction than SW7 and is due to open 2 months after in May 2013!

Before riding I thought the same but The Swarm is a lot better (faster) than it looks, if a little short. It is near impossible to tell from POVs but X-flight looks to be the weakest one to me with the a poorer initial inversion, some awkward looking manoeuvres and pacing. Wild Eagle looks by some way the best so far, and GateKeeper should be even better if what we've seen in mock ups is accurate.

One of the most exciting elements here for me will be the gate cut throughs. The near misses don't seem to have quite worked out so far, but the shear speed these will be taken at should make it quite a feeling.

Before riding I thought the same but The Swarm is a lot better (faster) than it looks, if a little short. It is near impossible to tell from POVs but X-flight looks to be the weakest one to me with the a poorer initial inversion, some awkward looking manoeuvres and pacing. Wild Eagle looks by some way the best so far, and GateKeeper should be even better if what we've seen in mock ups is accurate.

One of the most exciting elements here for me will be the gate cut troughs The near misses don't seem to have quite worked out so far, but the shear speed these will be taken at should make it quite a feeling.

That's odd, the swarm and X-flight are near clones of each other. Other than being mirrored the only differences are: Swarm has a Inclined loop, X-flight has a 0-g ROLL, and X-flight has helix after the inline roll. I just find it odd how

I do agree that the Keyhole towers will be the highlight of the ride, seeing how this this is going to be able to keep it's speed, should be great.

Forgive me if I'm wrong doesn't The Swarm have a Zero G roll? The Second inversion, no? The Swarms dive drop is more horizontal than X-Flights making it slightly more exhilarating. The swarm has 3/4's of a helix after the trim to be fair. In my opinion They are nothing alike.

Forgive me if I'm wrong doesn't The Swarm have a Zero G roll? The Second inversion, no? The Swarms dive drop is more horizontal than X-Flights making it slightly more exhilarating. The swarm has 3/4's of a helix after the trim to be fair. In my opinion They are nothing alike.

My Bad.

Edit: "Other than being mirrored the only differences are: Swarm has a Inclined loop, X-flight has an Immelman, and X-flight has helix after the inline roll. And I do find them very alike.

Swarm

-Wing over drop

-Zero G

-Inclined Loop

-Curve

-Zero G

-Curve

-inline roll

-brakes

-turn

-brakes

X-Flight

-Wing over drop

-Zero G

-Immelmann

-Curve

-Zero G

-Cruve

-Inline roll

-Helix

-Brakes

-Turn

-Brakes

Very minimal difference. Both cookie-cutter beemers, and both are still great for what they do.

How you get that after riding The Swarm only I have no idea.

My Bad.

Edit: "Other than being mirrored the only differences are: Swarm has a Inclined loop, X-flight has an Immelman, and X-flight has helix after the inline roll. And I do find them very alike.

Very minimal difference. Both cookie-cutter beemers, and both are still great for what they do.

Don't really get how both rides are cookie cutters here. It's not like the wing-rider has a particular style yet. When 14 Six Flag parks have X-Flight clones, I shall agree with you but until that moment, the wing-rider is as close to B&M originality as you can get.

Possibly to give other wing riders a run for their money, however it does come down to several aspects. Other wing riders may be short but thrilling nonetheless with an immense indulge in theming. So potentially as a coaster it could beat other wing riders but experience wise it may lack.

Possibly to give other wing riders a run for their money, however it does come down to several aspects. Other wing riders may be short but thrilling nonetheless with an immense indulge in theming. So potentially as a coaster it could beat other wing riders but experience wise it may lack.

What is with the idea that longer coasters are automatically better than shorter ones?

If that was right, all the American coasters would actually be good, with the Ultimate being the best ride in the world (or at least one of them)...

What is with the idea that longer coasters are automatically better than shorter ones?

If that was right, all the American coasters would actually be good, with the Ultimate being the best ride in the world (or at least one of them)...

This looks to be classic B&M design, the forces are going to be there, that much I can already tell. It's really the most impressive beemer I've seen since Sheikra. This just looks amazing! :)

Awkward, I didn't mean longer are better! Some short coasters are brilliant whilst longer coasters can sometimes get boring towards the end. For me it's the experience it delivers in the length rather than the length in the experience.

Awkward, I didn't mean longer are better! Some short coasters are brilliant whilst longer coasters can sometimes get boring towards the end. For me it's the experience it delivers in the length rather than the length in the experience.

Exactly. As long as the ride experience is good and memorable. Some coasters are superb, but seem really dragged out (Voyage). But that's also what makes them so great, a relentless action packed ride is something every park should look into.