Cedar Point

Theme does add to a ride, but you can still enjoy a ride without much/any theme just as much as you would another ride. Maverick and it's surrounding land is well themed, but then around Wicked Twister and Gatekeeper aren't themed, but as you are riding each one, you're not focusing on the theme really, mostly just the ride.

• 4 weeks later...

The 'take one last stand' also implies that they're not ripping out the coaster, but instead turning it into a sit down/floorless.

If it was actually closing they wouldn't make such a joke video.

Also comments are disabled to not allow public speculation.

Yes turtle but did the coasters I mentioned or mantis for that matter have major problems in reliability and did they injure people... No they didn't. in the case of B&M all of them that have been taken out of 1 park have been moved to another apart from time machine at freestyle which is still sbno. So I'm just saying if it was removed from cedar point chances are very likely it would be moved to another park. But IMO I think it would be a conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

mantis is becoming a B&M floorless sit down called rougarou. It seems to feed on screams.

Interesting. When I rode Riddlers at Magic Mountain, I thought it would be a much better sit down roller coaster then a stand up coaster. I'm sure this won't create a precedent for stand ups being converted with the Mantis change but it is kind of weird to see one take on the change.

If it feeds on screams surely this change will leave it hungry compared to now; no one screems like a man whos testicles are exploding.

Has the potential to be dull, a stand up layout is generally quite tame to keep that position comfortable, the thrill itself coming from the standing novelty. Without that what has it actually got going for it?

• 1 month later...

So today is the day to "Take the last stand" - a competition to be on the last two standing trains is running. Guests have to find the tickets for the last two trains on certain staff member's lanyards or badges.

The track itself has all be re-painted to orange now and the supports have been started.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/live-video-cam/camera-3 shows the progress so far