Cedar Point

The 'cheap' 6 seat ones are a better option for parks not entirely made of money... Indeed, if a 6 seater DM is good enough for Efteling (and Krake is also good)...

Let the Americans have their over-rated giant DMs, they don't really get the point of them (I.e. All about the drop)...

• 6 months later...

Here's the leaked image of the layout.

11816798_10153493556895539_7309797791042

Name is odd, nice enough logo though. It's apparently going to be the world's tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster. Well woop, yeah that'll really sell when they have one of the tallest and fastest coasters ever. I'm so glad the Point is getting yet another coaster that's big, not like they could have had one of those nice Triotech dark rides like some of the other Cedar Fair parks are getting. Nah, Point definitely needed a coaster, not a dark ride. 

The only thing that is really lacking is a splash down like SheiKra, Griffon and Krake. Its very B&M, its very generic apart from the corkscrew, but if its like any dive coaster it will be a great bit of fun, not a top 10 by any means but a good fun solid coaster :)

It's a nice looking layout and will probably offer a fun enough ride experience. But these big, little-themed (which I assume this will be?) dive coasters just don't interest me like the much more themed ones.

I guess my opinion might change if I was to ride one, but that coaster just doesn't look as appealing to me as the likes of Baron, Oblivion: TBH, and Krake. :/

There has been a death at Cedar Point today. From the Cedar Point Facebook page:

"At approximately 5 p.m., a guest entered a restricted, fenced area of the Raptor roller coaster and was struck by the ride. Park safety officials responded immediately to the situation. Unfortunately the guest has passed away. Local authorities are on the scene conducting an investigation.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family at this time."

Sad that somebody died, but if you enter an obviously restricted area under a moving roller coaster, I don't have much sympathy!

It's always to find a "cell phone" too. Didn't this happen on one of the Batman clones years ago?

It happened on the one in Georgia, in fact two people have died via that Batman. Each time, the people have jumped fences to get personal items.

• 4 weeks later...