Cedar Point

1 hour ago, Matt Creek said:

Glad to see they added a considerable amount of theming and landscaping.

It's no Baron 1898 by any means. 

It's not even trying to be Baron

1 hour ago, Project LC said:

It is an amusement park rather than a theme park. The lack of themeing I have no issue with. It looks clean and that it is meant to be there, rather than six flags.

Oh man, I love Tatsu (looks like it supposed to be there) and I love Scream: The Car park coaster. What do I win?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Project LC said:

Cedar Point is going to announce their 2017 plans on Monday. Most rumours have it that Mean Streak is about to undergo the RMC treatment. Hopefully that isn't the case as I enjoyed Mean Streak a lot but no point being disappointed until it's confirmed.

What difference does RMC treatment make? (Just asking because I've seen people complain about other coasters that had it and idg why it's a bad thing)

42 minutes ago, holtjammy16 said:

What difference does RMC treatment make? (Just asking because I've seen people complain about other coasters that had it and idg why it's a bad thing)

Well it comes to personal preference. I prefer pure woodies but I do see the appeal of steel tracks and added inversions. I just feel not every ride needs inversions and smoothness to be good.

I always used to hate it when wooden coasters were turned into RMCs, now I understand they're great rides (using Coaster Studios as a source) so I'll be glad if Mean Streak becomes one.

The only thing I have against them now is when they take wooden coaster records when they're technically steel (which isn't to do with the coaster itself).

5 minutes ago, Equoaster said:

I always used to hate it when wooden coasters were turned into RMCs, now I understand they're great rides (using Coaster Studios as a source) so I'll be glad if Mean Streak becomes one.

The only thing I have against them now is when they take wooden coaster records when they're technically steel (which isn't to do with the coaster itself).

Doesn't that depend if the track is Topper or Ibox? I don't know but I thought Topper was wood and Ibox was steel. 

As explained at 5.00 minutes into this documentary:

• 11 months later...

Opens in May; but operations and weather are very scatty. We went this May just gone; and found a lot of ride breakdowns and closures and many with higher capacity on 50% (I.e. Power Towers, Gemini, Magnum XL often running two trains etc. we also got caught in weather extremes from extreme heat which brings an unholy amount of lake flies, and thunderstorms which stops everything - and many things for a good hour beyond the storm as they take ride trains off etc. We also spent five days overall there and Top Thrill Dragster opened for one; so if that's a selling point to going, good luck. Oh, you'll also have a 90s pop song stuck in your head for the rest of your life if you ride it as it's the rides only real bit of 'brand' or 'theming'.

I think power tower is nearly always on 50%. I went in mid august a couple of years ago and it was only half open then.

Dragster and Kingda Ka for that matter are both very unreliable. That being said TTD has been having a bad year. Only way around it is visit the park for a few days and hope for the best. Even if it is closed for your whole potential trip at least there will be RMC meanstreak to make up for it. 

So for anyone that's been when is the best time of the year to visit, for both weather and que times? Next year is going to be the only time for me I visit for I don't know how long, and I don't want to make a mistake and go at a really bad time.

thanks for your help

I visited from june 3rd until june 13th, crowd wise was medium ish, with during the days queues getting up to about 40 minutes for rides such as Millienium force and Maverick, on the days they're open until 10 alot of things become walk on around that time of year, a couple days I was there, dragster was pretty much a station wait (although thats still about 10 minutes because they let everyone into the station so theres like 8 groups of people behind every air gate) The longest wait by far is Valravn, which can I say is not worth anything more than a 30 minute wait, it peaked at over 2 hours when I was there, however on Sunday, 4th of June everything was complete walk on all day, I was amazed, even Valravn, road it like 5 times in a row, the best part of that day was being able to go around on maverick 4 times without getting off! Same for Mille! The weather was genreally good when I went, staying around 25c or so, but there was a day where it picked up to about 34, which then rides like dragster would always go down after every 2 trains launched... or it would roll back, and of course weekdays are much better to go, genreally when they're open until 10pm, any other questions just ask (: 

^ that isitpacked callender is a good idea, but it just doesn't work, so many "ghost town" days turned out to be super busy, but I guess thats just weather depending and stuff 

LK seems to have a good advice. We went early May this year and we had the shorter opening hours. Valravn peaked around 30m and Maverick was hitting 45m+ but makes more sense to go a few weeks later when theres a longer opening day.

Hotel Breakers is amazing if you're looking to stay on-site. Offers 1hr ERT for Hotel guests daily on Force, Gatekeeper, Maverick and Valravn. Hooray for six runs on Maverick without getting off, cos, Maverick is bae. No re-rides on Force now though; all off, all round.

• 1 month later...

Steel Vengeance announced at Cedar Point, looks awesome. Some facts mentioned in the live video on Cedar Points FB page:

• 205ft Tall with 200ft drop making it the only hyper hybrid
  • 90 degree drop
  • 74mph
  • 5,740ft long
  • 4 inversions.
  • A phenomenal 27.2 seconds of airtime making it have more airtime than any other coaster

The ride breaks many records for the park as a whole as well including:

• Most coaster track in 1 park: 11.4 miles
  • Most steel track in 1 park: 11 miles
  • Most coasters over 200ft: 6
  • Most rides in 1 park: 71
  • Most coasters in 1 park with 90 degree or more drops: 5

Really hope I can get out to Cedar Point next year.

The park have partnered with Planet Coaster and there will be an update at 5:30 containing the Steel Vengeance coaster. 

Here come the pointless "World Records" again from Cedar Point.

The air time one is silly because air time as an experience is so debatable between different people, getting a piece of software to say it has almost 30 seconds of something that's sometimes hard to define, is only going to lead to false expectations.

So it's the FIRST hyper hybrid coaster, which in itself is a bit of a weird thing to promote, but then...

Tallest, fastest and longest hybrid coaster is surely a given with it being the FIRST one over 200 foot?

I thought Valravn had some silly claims to fame but these are equally as silly.

I'm sure it's going to be an amazing coaster and yet another reason to visit Cedar Point, it's just a shame they pull these "World Records" as it spoils it a bit in my eyes.