Cedar Point

I personally think when you have a coaster like this, the records and claims are actually not that obnoxious.

This coaster looks insane, maybe the best RMC? Actually, easily the best RMC.

It just seems to go on and on, and knowing RMC, its probably going to be smooth, fun, and filled with forces and buckets of airtime.

I mean it looks fun and everything, but I still don't get the hype over RMC.  Some of the transitions look odd and unnatural, which is something I dislike on coasters personally.  To be fair, people who have ridden them do rave about them, but I do fear they are a tad overrated.  To this day, the best-looking RMC out there is still Outlaw Run...

7 hours ago, BaronC. said:

I mean it looks fun and everything, but I still don't get the hype over RMC.  Some of the transitions look odd and unnatural, which is something I dislike on coasters personally.  To be fair, people who have ridden them do rave about them, but I do fear they are a tad overrated.  To this day, the best-looking RMC out there is still Outlaw Run...

I agree. This time around, I think this looks good. Obviously its had to use Mean Streak slightly but its the first RMC where I thought it has a good length to it and doesn't run out of steam after 20 seconds.

After looking at the stats and layout for this ride more, I do believe this might be the best roller coaster ever built.

It has a high throughput, its tall, its fast, and the layout looks like an average amazing RMC on steroids.

Cedar Point was probably the last park that needed this monster of a coaster, but oh god, do I want to fly over to Ohio next year.

It does look like one hell of a coaster. I really liked Mean Streak but it certainly felt like you were being beaten up unless you were in the front row. I think the conversion is going to turn a pretty good coaster into an absolutely outstanding one. I'm now going to have to find a way to get back there. 

They way it flies through it's own support structure looks flipping amazing. I imagine it'll be hugely disorientating in there at those angles.

That second inversion that pulls out of itself two thirds of the way round looks so odd though, I can't imagine that being a nice sensation at all? I need to get me on an RMC to find out.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit when I went to CP in May I was disheartened Mean Streak had closed (it hadn't been announced when I'd booked) but given its reviews it seems I'm not missing much. It does look like an absolutely crazy RMC; but again, it really sucks that Cedar Point won't have a big-scale woodie; all they have left is Blue Streak which is cute and fun, but that's it. What was nice at Cedar Point was the collaboration of the old with the new; some highs and some lows. Personally I'd have preferred to see an RMC in place of Gemini; than this.

BUT at least we have a beautiful little underrated coaster sat just infront of it :wub:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

This ride seriously looks insane. Cannot wait to ride it (and the rest) in late August!

I will be absolutely shocked if I come off this in August and it has not EASILY become my top coaster!! It just looks like it has it all!!

Height - Check

Intense Drop - Check

Speed - Check

Airtime - BIG check

length - Check

Near misses - Check

Pacing - Check (that video makes it look near flawless in its pacing)

it really does look like it will be the perfect roller coaster. However the proof in the pudding will be in the eating so I will await actually riding it in August before placing it amongst my best coasters. However if it is as good as it looks then we have one of the best (if not THE best) coasters in the world on our hands

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So now I have had several rides on Steel Vengeance including rides in front, middle and back rows aswell as a night ride (complete with bugs) on it. This roller coasters hype is real!! There is not a single roller coaster in the world that tops this and I do mean not one. Airtime is relentless, first drop is sensational, it’s long, it’s inversions are amazing and the whole ride as a whole is outstanding from start to finish. Forget Taron, forget Shambhala, forget Helix and forget Walking dead the ride. This coaster is the absolute best in existence!!

I second much of the above. Steel Vengeance is a world class coaster which packs airtime (both ejector and floater), hangtime, Force and duration as an experience. 

Some may argue it lacks theming and experience but it’s actually there if you look close enough! Each train even has it’s own dispatch announcements. 

Cedar Point really is a park worth visiting if you are into thrilling rides (especially coasters) which packs what is arguably the best coaster collection in the world. There are many lovely areas too to wander around too. Full review soon.

P.S Dinosaurs Alive and Witches Wheel close 3rd September.

It’s definitly a world class coaster but it’s not perfect. I don’t like the leg restraints at all, having my legs knock into them every few seconds started to hurt after a while. That’s the only negative though, I’ve never known a ride to feel utterly relentless, fun, thrilling and enjoyable all at the same time whilst giving such a long ride. It kind of puts the other RMC’s to shame. We rode Goliath the day before and its good but lasts about twenty seconds.

13 hours ago, Mark9 said:

It’s definitly a world class coaster but it’s not perfect. I don’t like the leg restraints at all, having my legs knock into them every few seconds started to hurt after a while. That’s the only negative though, I’ve never known a ride to feel utterly relentless, fun, thrilling and enjoyable all at the same time whilst giving such a long ride. It kind of puts the other RMC’s to shame. We rode Goliath the day before and its good but lasts about twenty seconds.

I have to personally disagree about the leg restraints. I'm not a slim person at nearly 16 stone and didn't feel they limited my experience in any way at all. The only pain I felt was the airtime causing the lap bar to hurt my stomach on a few of the hills. A truly quailty ride that I'm already missing.