Fright Nights 2012

JackR

With THORPE PARK asking their focus group attendees to answer the question: 'What does fear mean to you?' I reckon that the park will attempt to make the mazes much scarier. I'm really hoping for a new replacement maze this year for The Curse although that seems extremely unlikely with the introduction of E10 last season.

Anyway, this got me thinking about Fright Nights and even if the topic does remain dead for a couple of months; there is no harm in making one now! :P

Post everything about this years event here, and hopefully over the coming months some info about the event will become clear...

Thanks I don't have to make another topic :P. I think its is unfair with this Thorpe park focus group that only over 18s

-Name

-Age* (over 18s only)

-Please answer this question: What does fear mean to you?

I think that a majority of people at thorpe park are teens around 14-17. This is also the target audience of Fright Nights isn't it (apart from 18+) Isnt that why they made it all graffiti looking on the maps, staff uniforms and website to attract teens. They should allow a couple to teenagers to get parental agreement and be part of the meeting.

Thats my rant over :)

Looking Forward To Fright Nights. Hope they do a merlin event again :D

#Edit#

Damn I was almost the first person to post :P

Thorpe's target market is teens-young adults, though I think it's specifically 16-30. What with FN being their main event, I'm not surprises they're making a focus group for 18+; they'll want to attract those people more I guess.

I too would love to see a Curse replacement. Would love to see Thorpe continue to push the boundaries with the mazes as well; perhaps have a 'recommended for 15+ (or 18+)' so they've got more options open to them.

Only time will tell I guess :P

When I first went on the Curse it was unlike the other mazes as actors appeared from the walls and the ship holes. But this year (last year LOL) I found that the actors just stood in the tunnel and ran at you. I even has one trip and go flying into me when I was leading my group, Its just unprofessional

Well going back onto the Thorpe maze move from their to Alton... a promo asking for actors for Scaresfest was posted on TST and it said

Are you ready to make NIGHTMARES come true?

Keep your diaries free because auditions for Alton Towers Resort's SCAREFEST, the UK's biggest and most terrifying Halloween event, are coming in August 2012!

We have roles in both scare and family attractions, so whatever your strength, experience, size or gender, whether you're after blood curdling or spooky fun, we want to see you at one of our open auditions.

Specific audition dates, information and locations will be announced soon. SCAREFEST 2012 runs on selected dates from 13th - 31st October, with rehearsals on varying dates between the 1st and 12th October. Interested candidates will need full availability for all dates.

Keep your eyes peeled and chainsaws revved - SCAREFEST is on its way!

Anyone else think of a scare maze that uses chainsaws at Thorpe...?

Just throwing it out their ;)

Credits to TST for finding it

I think that was just Saz making a guess. As far as were all concerned before Liam posted that horrible piece of news, Asylum was very likely to stay at Thorpe. That may be some of the worst news I have heard in ages if it is true... I love Asylum! :( Although I do see it fitting in very well at Alton. If this does happen and Thorpe get a replacement, it better be worthwhile...

Don't see any reason to panic just yet..

A little rumour plus something referring to chainsaws (ie, more than one, unlike Asylum's one) is nothing to worry about.

Would be interesting if it did happen, mind, considering it's probably Thorpe's most well known maze. Personally I couldn't see it fitting in at Scarefest - don't know why, really, but I just don't :P - but then again, never been to Scarefest, so would be hard for me to comment.. XD

If a maze moves from Thorpe to Alton then I guess it will either be se7en or curse - I would expect Curse to be in Mutiny bay.

I doubt Asylum would move because it is in a permanent building and is probably left set up all year (correct me if I am wrong.)

Chainsaws will just be used at the end of one of Alton's mazes imo.

I'm holding out for an ambitious event at both parks this year.

At Thorpe, we've seen a massive investment into the entertainments division this year, despite a shaky start with Saw Alive. The countless music festivals that have taken place throughout the season show a lot of ambition to make the park more rounded in regards to entertainments. They've also pumped a lot into other events like Sun scream and all the stunts shows again.

Then at Alton, we've seen minimal in regards to entertainments, but the willingness to spend to promote with the £1000 giveaway. Hopefully the reason we've only seen a few sparse lackluster events is because they're banking it all on Scarefest. Perhaps that is a wise move, come October the olympics will be well over, and the buzz are THE SWARM will have died off somewhat.

As for moving, what about Hellgate? It would fit in perfectly as a second maze within the towers, and had some fairly decent theming that would fit right in at the towers. I just don't see where they'd fit another pop-up tent + room for a queuline in the park, unless of course they move it off park.

If a maze moves from Thorpe to Alton then I guess it will either be se7en or curse - I would expect Curse to be in Mutiny bay.

I doubt Asylum would move because it is in a permanent building and is probably left set up all year (correct me if I am wrong.)

Chainsaws will just be used at the end of one of Alton's mazes imo.

The Asylum is permanent you're correct, and it is still standing at Thorpe as we speak. I'm sure if it were to move, it would have been ripped out by now....

And everyone, Just because a recruitment page says the word chainsaw, doesnt mean the Asylum is moving to Thorpe.

Who knows, maybe Alton might create a brand new maze, which might be based around chainsaws?

Don't overthink things