Fright Nights 2012

JackR

Yeah, was said over Facebook or something wasn't it? Certainly suggests Boiler House won't return.. Not to sure on Alton's positioning of mazes, as last season wasn't Carnival of Screams in the BH tent as well? Only time will tell I guess...

(Oh, and to make this post vaguely on topic, woo Fright Nights! :P)

Sourced from an individual from the organisation who installed the Saw:Alive lighting.

Thorpe are currently working on and have requested strobe lighting domes be placed around the park during Fright Nights this year. Covered with the perspex (as per the Oblivion drop lighting at Scarefest 2010) the boxes apparently will be set to flash randomly.

I was quite satisfied to hear this and really hope it does go ahead. Any sort of lighting around the park will probably be better than last year! Lets just hope they can pull it off :)

They will probably just do this island on the swarm scare zone as they can cordsen off the area. They that can add lighting to the area and loads of emphasis the the ride. This seems to work in theorie as it could also be the scare zone with all the smoke machines, actors and stuff (strobes) to make all the theming work.

I really hope they bring back the high levels of theming that we used to see around the whole park instead of the mazes (and 2 of those were/are white tents plonked on a beach) and a bit on the rides. I remeber the days of when hell froze over on Nemesis Inferno and all the heads on the Colossus station ceiling. The music that is played has also been lacking these past few years. Before you used to get specially made tracks just for Fright Nights. If those strobe lights go ahead then it will make a nice and welcome change to the lighting we currently get. Basically, all I want is the park to send of a clear message as to what time of year it is around the whole park. It was great to see actors wandering around the park but on all the times I went last year other than the AP fright Nights they were hanging around with the security at The Asylum's exit. The only time I felt the creepy atmosphere the last couple of years has been the AP evenings purely because it is so quiet you feel like you're not supposed to be there and the actors acually followed me and my friends around. Bring back the atmosphere that Fright Nights used to have.

To be honest I like the music they've played the last few years. It's mostly been from the Saw movies.

Queuing up for stealth with this blaring

a constant haze of smoke, perfect ambient lighting. It makes the Stealth plaza one of the best places on the park during FNs.

Then walking out of the park during 2011, having this

playing across the bridge, again just wow. Seeing all the advertising for THE SWARM, incuding the looming lift hill being built, I left the park with chills, it just left such a great impression.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an interesting snippet,

My friend says she was invited to an audition, but says there seems to be an all new team since last time she went. It would seem the team responsible for Saw Alive etc, have been replaced. The entertainments team have been doing a great job this year, so I could only see this as a good thing.