Fright Nights 2012

JackR

I suppose Thorpe shouldn't really call them 'mazes' because well, it's a winding corridor... Not a maze.

I'm hoping this is something to either replace The Curse, or to add to the current collection of 'winding corridors' that the park already have; I'm still kind of expecting a walk through though.

I suppose Thorpe shouldn't really call them 'mazes' because well, it's a winding corridor... Not a maze.

Back in 2002 (and maybe 2003?) The Freezer was an actual maze, with dead ends and alternate routes. However, it was a nightmare for throughputs. With groups getting lost and spending ages in there, along with other groups catching up, overtaking, colliding into one another, and perhaps even some groups going the wrong way, an actual maze was a bit of a disaster in some ways. I knew someone who was told which way to go by an actor - who had to break out of character to do so - as they past them a couple of times.

I guess calling them mazes adds to the fear - the thought that you *could* get lost. But I think many parks call their long, winding corridors mazes, so I don't think it really matter. :P

I guess calling them mazes adds to the fear - the thought that you *could* get lost. But I think many parks call their long, winding corridors mazes, so I don't think it really matter. :P

I do agree with you, it doesn't really bother me what they call them, what I was trying to say in my post is that just because Thorpe have addressed this addition as a 'horror attraction', we shouldn't rule out anything along the lines of E10 or Se7en.

Also, an actor broke out of character for me in Terror of the Towers two years ago.

The guy leading our group walked through the video section which meant we caught up with the group in front, the guy was told to wait and when told to go ahead, he went down a fire exit! The actor then broke out of character and directed him down the right route.

^Spoilered it in case anybody hasn't been in TotT and doesn't want to know what goes on inside. :P

Well Thorpe have really blown this s#!t up, haven't that?

After advertising that it would be returning all around the park, on their website, and on their gate map, then to go back on that decision and cancel the event - seemingly - just doesn't reflect well on the park. Fireworks was well received last season, so it's a real shame that they've really felt that they can't bring it back this season, presumably because of costs.

It's not just the fact that they've cancelled the event that annoys me, it's the fact that after advertising it so heavily, they're not going to do it. I do hope that (if the event has been cancelled of course, and they're not just changing dates) there's a reason for this which isn't cost cutting, otherwise I, and presumably many others, will be hugely disappointed and annoyed with the park...

What the hell? Are we saying then that they ran the event last year at a loss? With the park at capacity and a few thousand spent on the bangers I don't see that could be possible. It must surely be another factor then, like the council telling them to keep it down or whatever. If, on the other hand, they've lost the ability to see it's good business to spend a few thousand to make a few tens of thousand then we really are in trouble.

What the hell? Are we saying then that they ran the event last year at a loss? With the park at capacity and a few thousand spent on the bangers I don't see that could be possible. It must surely be another factor then, like the council telling them to keep it down or whatever. If, on the other hand, they've lost the ability to see it's good business to spend a few thousand to make a few tens of thousand then we really are in trouble.

Capacity?! No where near, fireworks were very quiet!

I think the park had to set a limit of between 8-10k on guests due to H&S reasons?

Those sort of numbers are quiet, but it maybe te case that the park did reach 'capacity' in this sense?

Say what?

That's mental... Such a small amount of people for the park in what should be an busy set of days...