Fright Nights 2012

JackR

Those signs have been used in that maze for at least two years now. The Asylum will stay the same (albeit the usual slight change of layout). E10 will return with the same layout (I believe). The curse won't change, unfortunately. I believe Se7en will not return and will be replaced with a new attraction.

Sent from my iPad

I never said that they were new signs, just hadn't noticed those small details before.

E10 is the one I would regard as claustrophobic, especially near the start.

There was a maze at Terenzi in a few years ago where guests were put into a very small, cramped corridor. A grim reeper would appear above you. Then the sound effect "You're all going to die down here" played, and you were plunged into complete blackness. 10-15 seconds later, a door would open right next to the guests and a figure would flash a light. Then, you "went over to the dark side" - travelling from life to death - the entirety of the experience was PITCH DARK - you'd walk into walls, suddenly flashlights and figures would burst into your face etc.

A truly pitch dark maze is pretty intense.

I really do adore whoever is in charge of marketing at Thorpe Park.

Cut past all the in your face brand imagery, and really they know exactly how to get people excited about their park.

All you have to do is look at AT's pitiful attempt at hyping their new maze to see the difference.

What is AT's pitiful attempt? All there has been is a brief release?

A few twitter hash tags that noone actually knows about.

It's not just that, it's AT in general. Marketing for SW7 has just been non existent so far. By this point we had actors, signs, countdown, even the rides name for THE SWARM.

I'm not saying Thorpe are doing anything "revolutionary" but they certainly spoil their visitors compared to the meager effort AT put in.

It's not just that, it's AT in general.

I'm not saying Thorpe are doing anything "revolutionary" but they certainly spoil their visitors compared to the meager effort AT put in.

I thought that on Sunday when a reasonably busy Alton was closing its rides at 5 and I heard THORPE had extended theirs till 7. THORPE don't only spoil their guests with marketing!

That's usually because Thorpe's guests won't have been on as many rides as those at Towers... Of course though, depends on what the actual gate figures were at the parks on that day... And how much Fastrack was being oversold, which tends not to happen at Towers every single day...

Literally the only reason parks ever extend their opening hours from the base time is to ensure guests don't complain that they didn't have enough time to ride things they wanted because it was too busy anyways... Either that or if you've had a reallllly crap day for maintenance you give everyone free tickets to return, which is kind of the basic piece of PR you'd expect from a park... Like how Towers dealt with the storm day earlier in the year...

A few twitter hash tags that noone actually knows about.

To be fair, Thorpe's current promotion for the new attraction at FN is only slightly less cryptic than Sanctuary's, and as such is being prolonged over days, rather than hours. It will no doubt get a full announcement by the end of the week...