Fright Nights 2012

JackR

It's about THE SWARM. It has to be. It even has the blue distorted effect around the cross, which, if you remember was the effect used to transition THE SWARM's logo to the Thorpe logo at the end of THE SWARM trailers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They don't seem that similar IMO. I thought there was some dirt on my screen until I realised those splodges towards the bottom are part of the picture. :P

You know what I see there? A cross. With black and blue bits around it. There also seems to be a rectangle above the top of the cross with squiggles in it..

In my opinion, I really don't think there's much more to that clue than the cross itself.. Thorpe are definitely leading us down to a cemetery / dead theme here, but whether that's exactly what we're getting is perhaps a different matter. Highly doubt that this is a Swarm related-maze. The rumoured position of Hellgate / the old X extension queue may be unsuitable as a position (though I don't see it as an issue personally) and it would more be serving as a prequel to Swarm at best (seeinghow Swarm is based in current time, and the church is being struck / already invaded). In honesty, I'd be disappointed with a Swarm tie-in IF they are going for this cemetery / church idea, as there's much better routes which could be taken in my eyes, like Terenzi that AstroDan mentioned on the previous page.

Time will only tell I guess.

Whatever the new attraction is I found out that there will be a £3 charge for it.

Merlin Pass holders may not be able to use their family and friends discount on fright night days which seems unfair as we pay the money for the passes to use the perks but obviously they want to be greedy and make everyone pay more. Also £3 charge for the attractions seems a bit unfair ok I no its only £3 but the entry price doesnt compensate for this in fact I believe they are still dearer tickets. The reason why I dont go to Alton Towers scarefest because its a rip off and you have to pay for each attraction as well as an overcharged entrance price if thorpe park are starting to do this I dont think I will be attending in future!... Sorry had to get this rant off my chest! :angry2:

Surely that information can't be true? Considering Thorpe are charging an obligatory £5 entry fee on top of Fright Nights tickets prices just to get in the gate (something Alton doesn't do), meaning tickets are somewhere near £48-£50 for people without APs/MAPs/PAPs, I would doubt they would also charge for individual maze attractions because it always seemed to me the £5 extra charge was to cover that, as a variation of the system Alton Towers uses (where you do have to pay for individual maze attractions, but there is no gate ticket surcharge).

If this annual pass family and friends discount thing is true, they're are going to get absolute hell from me. It says nowhere in their T&C's there are any restrictions on this is, and if they're not willing to offer it to me then in my eyes they've breached their contract.

On the other hand, £3 for all the mazes is perfectly justifiable in my eyes, providing they scrap the £5 annual pass fee.

I can imagine it being £3 for a fastrack for each maze, maybe that's what the person on the phone meant? Otherwise there would be a HUGE backlash with the all-ready high entrance prices, £5 booking fee for AP holders and then extra for each maze (on top of secondary spend, people won't be able to afford it).

This is what I said;

ME: I am phoneing up to enquire about the fright night on 19th october. can I book that over the phone with you?

TP: Booking details for the event will be released soon, it is going to be exciting as there is a new horror attraction coming your way.

ME: I know I'm very excited about this, they are releasing details about this today arent they?

TP: Yes these details will be released shortely, I have been told that there will be a £3 entrance fee to this attraction.

ME: Oh right, Why is there an extra charge as the prices for fright nights already are increased?

TP: It is because the maze includes a world first element.

ME: Oh Right

TP: Is there anything else we can help you with?

ME: Yea can you confirm the family and friend discount price for that day using a merlin annual pass?

TP: Thorpe Park have not eyt decided whether or not to put the family and friend discount in place for this event. But there final decition will be made and released in due course.

ME: Ok, Thank you.

Hope this gives a bit of outline as to how the conversation went ... to me it just doesnt seem fair as an annual pass holder! He also mentioned that the other mazes as usual would be included in the price.