Fright Nights 2012

JackR

Few more Fright Night things going on now...

Posted Image

Pretty much confirmation that The Passing will be in Hellgate's old location. Funnily, that is the only fence there - it is literally just blocking the pathway. Seems to more be a way of somewhat advertising it on park..

Experiment 10 has also been built up:

Posted Image

One thing which I've noticed is how the exit is in a different position to last season. Last season you exited to the right of the barrier (so, the left hand side from this picture, just to be clear...), but this season, it is directly in front?

Posted Image

That's not just perspective, there really isn't much space between the exit and the barrier. I also think last season that the exit was ramped?

I dunno if it's just they mucked the positioning up a little bit (it does seem as if all the maze is shifted to the right a little bit) or what, but I guess they're not particularly easier to move..? Only thing I can think of is that they're removing the barrier but just haven't got round to it yet?

Seems like a bit of a health and safety gaff considering the amount of people that'll run out hysterically not looking where they're going.

You can see in one of the pictures that the container simply hasn't been moved to it's final location yet.

And as a heads up to everyone, I went to Thorpe yesterday and construction for Fright nights is progressing rapidly now :)

So after sifting through the pages I've missed can someone please clarify for me....

Will there be a charge for each seperate maze on top of the £5 entrance fee for AP holders.. if so how much ?

On top of the fee for each seperate maze, is there an additional fee if you wish to fast track? if so how much will this be and does this cut the queues down considerably? I'm used to fast tracking all the big rides at Thorpe and only waiting 10 mins max. Is this the same for the mazes?

Thanks guys :) love you all!

Hi Emma,

Fright Nights, as you're aware, will see a surcharge of £5 for AP holders to simply get in the gate. On top of this, there is an extra £3 online charge if your pre-order tickets for The Passing (Fastrack only).This new maze will probably charge even higher if you don't buy your ticket in advance (figure about £5 on-the-door). As far as I am aware, there is no extra fee for entry into The Curse, The Asylum or Experiment 10. But obviously, Fastrack tickets will still cost you extra on top of what you pay to get in.

Thanks guys - have just pre-booked my tickets for Friday 19th October - I think I have it right:-

1 Full ticket @ £27 odd quid (for my mate)

1 AP ticket @ £5

2 Passing fastrack @ £6 for time slot 7-7.15 (will it be dark then?!)

1 Car Park ticket @ £4

That sounds about right? I was going to fastrack the other mazes but it was only 3 of them and not including The Passing or Saw Alive for £14... which I thought was a bit extortionate! So I will assess the situation when we get there as we will get there for about 4pm.... hoping to get on a few big rides without fastracking... and hoping the queues for fasttrack won't be mega! At least I know I'm guarnateed The Passing if all other rides are massive queues lol as I only have 5 hours there! Am staying until the end.... !

ANyone else going on 19th?

Yeah that sounds about right! I know last year my mate did all of the mazes just as they opened and he got on within 5 mins, it was fairly dark around that time so 7pm will be dark for the Passing! I can't remember what date I went before but don't remember it being extremely busy! First trip is when it first starts on the 12th October then hopefully plan to go a few more times :)

Thanks guys for your help.

I have one more question - there are no print at home tickets for Fright Night from when I ordered the above - not even the car park ticket - I have to go to advance collections.....

Now my next question - will this be banged out with massive queues?! Can people still turn up on the day for Fright Night or is it all pre-booked? I'm hoping most people will be going for the day anyway whereas I am not getting there until about 3.30pm as I have my daughter to look after (can't palm her off on the MIL all day ha ha ha !).

Em x

Do they make any changes to stuff like the inside part of saw the ride or the X no way out queue line??? :D

Last year me and my mate skeptically edged around the whole X queue thinging there would be somebody around the corner of each corridor. We got past the bag section and as we walked through that small dark bit before the loading bay, two members of staff jumped out from the shadows and screamed at us! 'Twas the scariest moment of the trip it was.

I will be on park tomorrow and I'll try to get some photos aswell.

I haven't been to fright nights before but am going this year, how scary are the mazes and do they make any changes to stuff like the inside part of saw the ride or the X no way out queue line??? :D

The mazes depend on what scares you.

Experiment 10 is definatley the scariest, if you are claustrophobic give it a miss!

The other mazes are jumpy but not too scary, my favourite is Asylum.

Hope this helps :)

(Also when I went last year all queues were exactly the same as normal. (As in no one scaring you))

Damn - I hate X:/no way out as it is in the bloody dark its gonna be even worse of a night ha ha ha !!

Also I asked on Thorpe Park Official FB page but I'm getting mixed responses - The Passing, I've booked to go on this with a mate, but I've heard that it might not be a group thing I.e. go in alone? If I'd known that I wouldn't have bothered buying a fastrack as I can't do it alone - I really will die of fright seriously - and all this talk of Hessian bags over your head?! WTF?

I got a bit excited - shoot me!

I don't mind the bag thing its the going in alone lol I wanna hold my mates hand ha ha ha ! Ah well I guess in for a penny in for a pound......... gotta try something at least once.

I guess I can find out from those of you going before 19th October what its like and if its really THAT bad!

The mazes depend on what scares you.

Experiment 10 is definatley the scariest, if you are claustrophobic give it a miss!

The other mazes are jumpy but not too scary, my favourite is Asylum.

Hope this helps :)

(Also when I went last year all queues were exactly the same as normal. (As in no one scaring you))

Thanks. Now I know not to go in experiment 10

I was on park today, not much going on except for some electrical work on The Curse. The E10 containers are all in place and the two pillars on either side of Hellgate's entrance were outside where The Passing is going to go (without the gargoyles!) .I'll put a picture of them up tomorrow.

I doubt the park are going to do much to the area you walk into The Passing now. I guess only time will tell how well those grey bricks fit into a prison theme... Also, I think entering The Passing alone would actually work pretty well. I reckon the 'punishment' is a lot more intimate and effective if there is only you and some actors in the room!

Hi Guys - ScareTOUR will be arranging our annual behind the scenes tour of one of the mazes this year. I know you all want The Passing but logistically that's not going to happen due to the nature of the show (hint - there's nothing to see!!) BUT we will have one of the others. In the past we have done Se7en, the Curse and Experiment 10 so that really only leaves Saw Alive or Asylum

Which maze would you like to go behind the scenes of? Let us know over at our FB page (http://www.facebook.com/ScareTOUR) and why not "like" us while you're there! A full announcement will be made this evening and as usual numbers will be strictly limited. Provisional date for this trip is Sunday October 21st