Fright Nights 2012

JackR

They mention being 'Bagged an tagged' in their description. This is a slang term for when they tie the hands of somebody behind their back and put a bag over their head to restrict sight and movement. Unless they tie your hands together, it doesn't look like there is a worlds first element that we currently know about. Whatever goes on in The Passing, it must cause a low throughput because of this fastrack/timeslot system so I guess it must be pretty impressive; be it a worlds first element or not.

Having been to Tulleys farm for the first time on saturday, I have to say HellEments was pretty good. I wasn't going to book the passing till I tried the one at Tulleys but booked it all now, as I know Thorpe will do something better :P

Will be going on friday, and will try to get lots of pics! :)

The park has not officially claimed that there's a world first.

Hours before the official announcement, a member on here posted this:

This is what I said;

ME: I am phoneing up to enquire about the fright night on 19th october. can I book that over the phone with you?

TP: Booking details for the event will be released soon, it is going to be exciting as there is a new horror attraction coming your way.

ME: I know I'm very excited about this, they are releasing details about this today arent they?

TP: Yes these details will be released shortely, I have been told that there will be a £3 entrance fee to this attraction.

ME: Oh right, Why is there an extra charge as the prices for fright nights already are increased?

TP: It is because the maze includes a world first element.

ME: Oh Right

TP: Is there anything else we can help you with?

ME: Yea can you confirm the family and friend discount price for that day using a merlin annual pass?

TP: Thorpe Park have not eyt decided whether or not to put the family and friend discount in place for this event. But there final decition will be made and released in due course.

ME: Ok, Thank you.

Hope this gives a bit of outline as to how the conversation went ... to me it just doesnt seem fair as an annual pass holder! He also mentioned that the other mazes as usual would be included in the price.

In the marketing of The Passing, there's been no mention of a world first, but just "Using cutting edge technology never before seen at Thorpe Park", so perhaps it was a case of the person on the phone got confused / said the wrong thing?

EDIT: Beaten to it :P

"

The countdown till fright nights is drawing to a close! Soon the topic will be moved to the normal Thorpe park page! Who's looking forward to The Passing and riding the superb THE SWARM in the dark?

I think I'm giving The Passing a miss tbh, I don't fancy going round any part of the maze on my own without being able to hold shoulders.

Also I have this idea in my mind that parts of it will include lying down, I'm not up for feeling claustrophobic, the tunnel in X10 was enough :

Will be interesting to read y'all reviews on it ^_^

(First post here. Hello!)

According to a retweet made by Thorpe Park on Twitter, someone posted a comment saying:

"Spending the day doing the audio for Fright Nights at Thorpe Park - total change in how it'll sound from the past 10 years!"

Interesting...... Maybe the audio across the park will be Halloween songs such as "Thriller", instead of the usual Midnight Syndicate music.

If that's the case, I'm not to sure how that'll work though. But, lets wait and see!

Couple of things: First off - we've just had it confirmed that the mazes open at 3pm this year as our behind the scenes tour of Asylum has been brought forward to 2.30

Also - the "bagging and tagging" was done at Project Fear in Yorkshire earlier this year - check out my review at the time - http://www.scaretouruk.com/review---project-fear.html

Michael

www.scaretouruk.com

Couple of things: First off - we've just had it confirmed that the mazes open at 3pm this year as our behind the scenes tour of Asylum has been brought forward to 2.30

Also - the "bagging and tagging" was done at Project Fear in Yorkshire earlier this year - check out my review at the time - http://www.scaretour...oject-fear.html

Michael

www.scaretouruk.com

Great news with the 3PM maze opening time.

It seems like Thorpe are setting out to do a similar thing to that Project Fear thing.. (great review btw)

sounds petrifying

How did you gather that from the tweet?

I didn't say for definite that the music will be replaced with Halloween Songs, its just a guess judging by the sound of that tweet. I might be completely wrong, but who knows?Plus, in the "Questions to Thorpe Park" section of this forum, a member suggested playing Halloween songs this time for Fright Nights, and Thorpe replied hinting it might happen.

Seems like they have updated their messege

BEFORE:

Posted Image

AFTER:

Posted Image

Difference 1: The price has changed on the newspaper

Difference 2: The text has changed on the newspaper

Difference 3: The article name has changed

Difference 4: The newspaper name has changed

Difference 5: MOST EXCITING, the countdown is sooner :D

Edited by Cookie Dough