2013 Changes

daboywunda

Just found out that "Vengence" from London Dungeons hasn't been included in the panning permission for when it moves to county County Hall in London so... This might be a bit far fetched but maybe it could be moving to Thorpe Park and be put in the theatre where Time Voyagers was! Just an idea :L It would be quite good if given an actual score system and a really decent plot!

A little off topic, but can you send a link to the plans for dungeons at county hall please :)

An animatronic walkthrough probably would not work well in this park. Mainly because it would probably be neglected and vandalized. Those kind of attractions are better for smaller seaside parks that are more family orientated.

So we may possibly be getting vengeance or a Sub Terra type ride. Though to be honest the only area the vengeance ride could really be effective is in the SWARM area. It would be kind of hard to do a 5D darkride themed around Amity.

I take it the Gerstlauer Sky Fly still a possibility?

In an ideal world (yes it probably won't happen) I would like to see Vengeance as a pre-ride where you battle the swarm of aliens, then some sort of storyline saying you have failed to beat them and then a sub-terra style ride followed by a walk through alien life form models and strobe lights in order to get out.

Probably won't happen though!

In an ideal world (yes it probably won't happen) I would like to see Vengeance as a pre-ride where you battle the swarm of aliens, then some sort of storyline saying you have failed to beat them and then a sub-terra style ride followed by a walk through alien life form models and strobe lights in order to get out.

Probably won't happen though!

If Thorpe gets Vengeance next year, I reckon it would be given the Sub-Terra treatment - I.e. a pre show and some sort of after show. It would be the only way to boost the overall attraction's throughput. How many people can ride Vengeance at once? Can't be much over thirty.

If Thorpe gets Vengeance next year, I reckon it would be given the Sub-Terra treatment - I.e. a pre show and some sort of after show. It would be the only way to boost the overall attraction's throughput. How many people can ride Vengeance at once? Can't be much over thirty.

I don't think it is a lot, just because currently in the dungeons, there are tours of certain numbers, so, it wont be a lot of people.

You can not improve the throughput by adding other stuff, it will only be as high as the weakest link. This would be horrific at Thorpe, it would not come close to being able to handle the numbers without being on a ride cycle so short it would be even more laughable than what Dungeons are doing with it at the mo.

You can not improve the throughput by adding other stuff, it will only be as high as the weakest link. This would be horrific at Thorpe, it would not come close to being able to handle the numbers without being on a ride cycle so short it would be even more laughable than what Dungeons are doing with it at the mo.

Ahh yes, sorry I was getting confused. What I actually meant was that a pre-show and an after show would obviously boost the overall length of the entire attraction rather than the throughput, meaning that the entire attraction would hold say 75 people at one time, rather than 25 At least this way, guests would feel happier with having a 5 minute overall ride experience rather than simply expericencing a 1-2 minute ride. I mean Sub-Terra would be laughable if it was simply the drop tower on its own - I certainly woudn't queue 30 mins + for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they should remove Detonator, and build something like a Intamin Freefall. (Drop Tower) 150ft I think that would be great idea for the park. If they do suggest in building something for park. and hopefully placing it near Saw or Loggers, falling towards spinning blades. or Into a Old Barn!

Are you serious? Detonator is piss poor, yes it has some theming but the actual ride is nothing, I've been on better drop towers in travelling fairgrounds, they really could miles better and it would be nice to have a higher class/different drop tower that packed a real punch.

Are you serious? Detonator is piss poor, yes it has some theming but the actual ride is nothing, I've been on better drop towers in travelling fairgrounds, they really could miles better and it would be nice to have a higher class/different drop tower that packed a real punch.

Everyone has different opinions Ste. For instance, Alex's idea would be okay if it wasn't for Apocalypse at Drayton or the fact Intamin drop towers aren't that intense. Hurakan Condor was nice but not forceful in the slightest and thats 300 feet.

Really? Detonator is the only ride that still scares me now. It is my fav ride at the park! Sad to see people think that way... :(

with the detonator thing there is a larger version by fabbri,the people who made detonator, and I'm sure that would be great but would 60m/196ft make stealth look a bit normal in height. really if they kept the current detonator for say the next 10 to 20 years I would like to see heavier themeing cos the themeing is quite lame.

Exactly how do people propose to theme a drop tower? As far as I can tell Detonator's themeing is as good as it gets for a drop tower. The only thing they could improve are the seats, but this is such a minor adjustment that I really don't see it happening; it wouldn't really make the ride any better, would it?

The themeing on Detonator is sufficient enough. The carriage is meant to look like a crate of TNT (suits me; fits the area), and the ride base is surrounded by more explosive crates, shrubbery similar to Inferno's, cannons (obviously the themeing looked more suited to the area with Pirates 4D opposite, as I always thought Calypso Quay was an amalgam of volcano-based island under pirate attack); the cannons have - and I've always considered this one of Thorpe's cleverer themeing ideas - fired at the surrounding buildings and left impact marks, so what more do you want?

I respect ur opinion but personally I dont really like the theme

but on a brighter note I cant wait to see what they r bringing as a 2013 ride I would love to see the expansion of the swarm ride I dont know what they put there or where on the swarm site but I hope its great maybe something outside the box :)

Regarding ride planning applications..

Storm Surge and other flat rides came out around the summer time (July-August) I believe. Saw Alive came to light during October/November time, however.

Depends on what - if anything - Thorpe will do next season. Look at Sub-Terra, that application was sent in Autumn time I believe. Thorpe said in the Questions to TP section that they've got more time to decide what they'll invest in as it's a small investment year, so there's still plenty of time for planning applications. :)

Hurakan Condor has that giant shed thing around it and ruins all around it, maybe that could be better themeing around the station/platform area...

But Hurakan's 330ft, and the surrounding building is about 60ft-70ft high. Even if you get a building that's proportional to Detonator's comparatively tiny 115ft, there'd be no point in closing up the base of a ride that's so short and in such a crowded area.