2013 Changes

daboywunda

It's a LOT easier to turn a ride forwards than backwards, the main problems that occur when turning a ride from forwards to backwards are due to the backwards seating position...

NWO facing forwards is probably the most logical thing Thorpe can do with it, to prevent having to turn on the lights to reduce vomit covering half the exit...

Besides, there isn't much in the way of logistics to change for NWO, or any force for that matter... Besides, when facing forwards you can anticipate the drops and turns (to a degree on an indoor coaster) more so that isn't a big issue...

Swarm (apparently) would only have the two back rows turned backwards... Now THAT'S a logistical nightmare...

If x's trains are going to be turned forward it is going to need a retheme! This is because they will advertise it as a new ride and it will have queues like storm surge did, way over an hour. When you go on x they make you queue outside in some weird garden area and then you go through the pyramid straight onto the ride. If the queues are 1hr+ there will be no where for people to queue as the garden area is tiny and they don't like you queueing inside the pyramid!

Also, if x does get rethemed I would love to see it themed to do with something 'amity' although it is in the lost city it seems like it is in amity cove as it is right behind storm surge which is in amity cove. I think x should be retheme something do with water and amity cove and should be classified as in amity cove instead of lost city. It could have special effects like water spraying etc. instead of having flashing strobes in the dark! The lights could be turned off however there would be lights lighting up scenery and effects meaning that they would never have to turn the lights on.

I am wondering if it is possible to put spinning cars on x no way out, like euro Mir except it would be shorter and worse but with Themeing it would be quite cool! I think if people wanted to see the theming the cars would generally need to be turned forwards or spinning as when you are going backwards you can't see anything.

Also if x put some twists where the block breaks are and some overhead restraints if the train was going forwards it would make the ride total awesomeness :)

As for shows coming back, I doubt it as they have removed time voyagers and if they were putting shows they would have never got rid of it. However, they could have taken it down to install a better show there!

The big thing could be something we have all forgotten, "New for 2013, the Crash Pad, more club nights" etc which we already know about.

But have we forgotten about the "Burger Kitchen" which will replace Burger King?

CCR could be an easy one to bring back, also not sure about Time Voyagers or any other 3D show, I guess everything is still in the theatre and they just need to open it?

The SWARM can barely seem to get two trains on the go facing forward, the last thing we'd need is more reason for reduced throughput...

How would turning the trains backward reduce throughput? It wouldn't because it would have the same amount of rows.... The nightmare part would be they will try and sell front row fastrack when there is no front row!

The crash pad cannot be the secret on the facebook page as it has already been announced to the public through the facebook page and the website. I think we have to think seriously what could happen as far as I could see this is what the secret may be:

A refurb of x (however trains could be turned round etc.)

Return of CCR

New resturants

Time voyagers is a possibility but they closed this due to lack of demand so it is unlikely to return, however I could see a new 5d show be placed there.... Maybe veagence 5d!

P.s I thought vengeance is rubbish but I think if it was actually given to thorpe it could be made something really good!

The Swarm backwards rumours said that only the back two rows would be turned backwards. Hence, it could reduce throughput because many people would want to go backwards, but then there's only 2 rows, which can cause huge complications. A bit similar to how Single Rider Queues can reduce throughput if they're not run properly I guess, except to a greater extreme. It just seems so ridiculously unlikely I don't know why we're even considered it.. (Then again, whenever I say something like that, I've always found that thing actually happens, so I have no idea what to think.. :lol: )

As for this big announcement, would it really be the return of CCR? I mean, they're announcing it on Facebook (and likely Twitter) to their millions of fans - would they take that opportunity to advertise a ride re-opening that doesn't directly fit their target market? Personally, I don't think so - they're going to use this opportunity to announce something bigger than that, and something that hasn't already been announced (ie - it won't be The Crash Pad, though I guess it could be something special about them).

Oh yes I forgot about that :P it would make it a nightmare because everyone would be queueing for the back rows and even if you wanted to go forwards you would have to wait behind the people who wanted to go backwards!

The announcement has to be something like an x refurb, thorpe aren't going to make a big fuss about CCR but its always a possibility. I can see a new 4/5D show or vengeance coming in the place of time voyagers though!

If a new 4/5D show opens it probably won't be in the old Time Voyagers building, as that was shut due to H&S issues. If one does open there then that means Thorpe have done up the building, but considering the lack of demand and popularity of Time Voyagers this is unlikely (assuming the GP will treat all shows like Time Voyagers).

I personally think it's far more likely to be an X refurb as this will probably appeal to the GP far more than bringing in a new show, or an old ride (which, as Josh has stated, Thorpe are unlikely to announce on Facebook as it doesn't fit their target audience).

I guess we'll all have to just wait and see though, eh? ;)

Thorpe park posted on their facebook that they were still paying of debt for the swarm...

I doubt they would have much money to buy a new ride/rollercoaster(until 2016...) however something like moving veagence would be as costly as giving x a refurb. This is because merlin already own veagence so they wouldn't need to pay another company to buy it. They would only need to pay to theme it and spruce it up. This is why I think veagence( swarm 5d maybe? Or amity 5d? Depending on location swarm island/amity cove-time voyagers) is a 'maybe option' the park. They have the money to do it is just a case of if they are going to do it!

X refurb is ultimately down to what they want to do. I don't think they will remove x anytime soon however they are likely to refurb it, I think it should be amity themed because it is really in amity cove but they call it in the lost city. I think the pyramid should be taken down and made into a dome with a shark on top. The carriages would be changed into 'spinning ones' and the ride would be called 'amity spinner'

All very unrealistic eh?

The matter of fact is, there aren't many possibilities for thorpe next year... It could well be a new(secret) flat ride but this is extremely unlikely. I think we will be seeing an x refurb or veagence on top of the crash pad, new restaurant etc.

Thorpe park posted on their facebook that they were still paying of debt for the swarm...

I'd be very interested to see where / when they posted that. I know that rides aren't paid in one lump sum, but for them to publicly say 'We're in debt after building Swarm' (maybe not those words, but to a similar effect), would but rather silly of them (could spark fears that 'Thorpe Park' is in debt and may not open or whatever with all the stupid rumours that happen on the internet..)

I'll try and find it for you mate ;) it was a couple of weeks back!

My idea for 2013 would be to have an electronically controlled maze(like pirates adventure) instead of saw alive. This would mean they would not have to pay for actors and it would be a great and scary experience. Effects would include water etc. all programmed to the maze. You would be dispatched in groups of about 20 and go through room by room, simple as that really!