2013 Changes

daboywunda

Why have we had no major clues to what is going to happen!? :blink:

I know many people have got strong ideas of what they think could happen, but it is getting closer to opening day and we still have no solid evidence of anything! Thorpe, give us some clues! :D

Because it's only been 5 days since the facebook post, and there's still 60 left 'til opening day? So we've gotten 8% closer to opening day. ;)

Hey guys has anyone actually considered the real 'evolution?'

You know the one which Camelot theme park had- I mean it is unlikely to turn up but Camelot are selling it and it is actually called 'evolution. There are no plans to show this coming but it was just a thought as thorpe could have meant the 'evolution' as a major clue and thinking about this it is one of the most, none obvious things you would think of!

I doubt this is gonna happen but who knows at this stage because thorpe have not revealed any more clues...

Hey guys has anyone actually considered the real 'evolution?'

You know the one which Camelot theme park had- I mean it is unlikely to turn up but Camelot are selling it and it is actually called 'evolution. There are no plans to show this coming but it was just a thought as thorpe could have meant the 'evolution' as a major clue and thinking about this it is one of the most, none obvious things you would think of!

I doubt this is gonna happen but who knows at this stage because thorpe have not revealed any more clues...

If it's that, then Thorpe will have just wasted their money again... And will prove that beyond coasters they have no idea what to add to the park...

Having that at the park would be hilarious! Seriously though, Thorpe Park may be low but even they aren't that low that they would consider buying a fairground ride. It just wouldn't fit in with the rest of the rides.

Besides, I don't think Camelot even own Evolution. It is more of a leased ride if I remember rightly.

Samurai may be a fairground ride but it in no way represents one aesthetically. The average fairground Top Scan is fitted all over with those cheap multicolored strip lights, layered with tacky decals. Samurai however looks far less temporary and has a much bigger sense of belonging.

As for Evolution, imagine going to Thorpe Park and seeing that aging piece of metal. I am not saying the ride itself is bad. Just that particular model. If Thorpe were to buy a new and perhaps more permanent looking one, I am sure it would be fine.

They could call it... 'Drop A Chav'

Haha lol

Samurai may be a fairground ride but it in no way represents one aesthetically. The average fairground Top Scan is fitted all over with those cheap multicolored strip lights, layered with tacky decals. Samurai however looks far less temporary and has a much bigger sense of belonging.As for Evolution, imagine going to Thorpe Park and seeing that aging piece of metal. I am not saying the ride itself is bad. Just that particular model. If Thorpe were to buy a new and perhaps more permanent looking one, I am sure it would be fine.

I would not like to see an evolution ever! I have watched a video of the one at Camelot and it looks utterly painful and slow, no way thorpe do not go there!

Guys I think we are seeing an X refurb!

I drove past thorpe this evening and although it was dark I could not see the usual X pyramid from the motorway. Just double checking, can you usually see the pyramid from the motorway?

I sware it used to be infront of nemesis inferno when you were looking from the motorway but I could not see it! It seems to be that they have taken the pyramid down for the refurb!

In this case, they are either replacing X or are building a new building to house it!

I am not 100% sure that it was gone as it was dark!

Hope this helps,

James

Guys I think we are seeing an X refurb!

I drove past thorpe this evening and although it was dark I could not see the usual X pyramid from the motorway. Just double checking, can you usually see the pyramid from the motorway?

I sware it used to be infront of nemesis inferno when you were looking from the motorway but I could not see it! It seems to be that they have taken the pyramid down for the refurb!

In this case, they are either replacing X or are building a new building to house it!

I am not 100% sure that it was gone as it was dark!

Hope this helps,

James

In the dark, you would definitely not have been able to see whether it was there or not. (which it is)

Are you sure? I am not sure it wasn't there but it totally seemed like it! Also I could see everything else like slammer, Colossus, nemesis inferno etc!

Well, this is the where you're looking from...

4ig9pd.png

I don't know if X:\NWO is even visible from the motorway, nor am I great with distances, but if you look at the bar at the bottom left, it suggests that you're trying to find something (through the trees which make it hard enough during the day), with no lights on it, from around 1,500 ft away. In a moving car. At night. Think about it...