2013 Changes

daboywunda

Thorpe Park Official - We'll try and get more pics this week for you. As for holiday - sadly not! Kristine Townsend - We're all working really hard to get the park ready for opening again. We do a full strip down and safety check of all the rides and we're busy installing The Crash Pad and the other things that are new for 2013 - there's loads going on! :)

"Installing The crash pad and the other things new for 2013"

Lets break this down:

Installing other things... This means they are getting something new?

Things... It's plural so I'm guessing we are getting more than one thing?

Thorpe Park Official - We'll try and get more pics this week for you. As for holiday - sadly not! Kristine Townsend - We're all working really hard to get the park ready for opening again. We do a full strip down and safety check of all the rides and we're busy installing The Crash Pad and the other things that are new for 2013 - there's loads going on! :)

"Installing The crash pad and the other things new for 2013"

Lets break this down:

Installing other things... This means they are getting something new?

Things... It's plural so I'm guessing we are getting more than one thing?

Wooh, new things :)

If you check out thorpe's facebook page you can see some of the park in closed season, all the horses etc. have been taken off the carousel all the water and rocks out of rumba rapids. There is more aswell! Check it out guys...

I can't wait to see what's new, I guess we will just have to wait a while because I doubt thopre will give easy clues to telling us what the new things are.... I am making a new topic on the possible flat rides up until 2018 anyway because thorpe are installing up to 9 new flats!

Seeing as we are getting new 'things' this means that X cannot be the new thing they are installing, yes the refurb could happen but it is not the new ride/attraction/restaurant we are getting because they are INSTALLING it!

Wooh, new things :) If you check out thorpe's facebook page you can see some of the park in closed season, all the horses etc. have been taken off the carousel all the water and rocks out of rumba rapids. There is more aswell! Check it out guys... I can't wait to see what's new, I guess we will just have to wait a while because I doubt thopre will give easy clues to telling us what the new things are.... I am making a new topic on the possible flat rides up until 2018 anyway because thorpe are installing up to 9 new flats! Seeing as we are getting new 'things' this means that X cannot be the new thing they are installing, yes the refurb could happen but it is not the new ride/attraction/restaurant we are getting because they are INSTALLING it!

Thorpe Park said on their MTDP that they plan on installing up to 9 flat rides. It could be anywhere from 1-9 and in the end, they may just install two or three flat rides between now (2013) to 2019.

Personally for 2013, I think we will get a refurb of XNWO and any new ride we get, I think will be Vengeance. I'm not sure if 2013 is a small or a medium investment year.

Thorpe Park said on their MTDP that they plan on installing up to 9 flat rides. It could be anywhere from 1-9 and in the end, they may just install two or three flat rides between now (2013) to 2019.

Personally for 2013, I think we will get a refurb of XNWO and any new ride we get, I think will be Vengeance. I'm not sure if 2013 is a small or a medium investment year.

It should be a medium investment this year, however I would prefer something better than veagence because the guns do not even work!

According to the MDTP it should be a medium investment this year:

Major investment 2009(saw)

Medium investment 2010(saw alive)

Small investment 2011(storm surge)

Major investment 2012(swarm)

So it should be a medium investment 2013...

Although saw alive doesnt really seem that major, it is a medium investment because it cost a lot to pay for actors etc. I'm not sure this is right but I remember someone saying this was the way the MDTP worked since merlin took over...

Think you're slightly confused there.

The MTDP stated that between 2010-2016, they'd install up to 5 round rides, where there are a possible 9 locations. One of the rides was Storm Surge, so it's likely they'll install at most 4 more, though I wouldn't be surprised if we only see another two (at most) between now and 2016.

It should be a medium investment this year, however I would prefer something better than veagence because the guns do not even work!

According to the MDTP it should be a medium investment this year:

Major investment 2009(saw)

Medium investment 2010(saw alive)

Small investment 2011(storm surge)

Major investment 2012(swarm)

So it should be a medium investment 2013...

Although saw alive doesnt really seem that major, it is a medium investment because it cost a lot to pay for actors etc. I'm not sure this is right but I remember someone saying this was the way the MDTP worked since merlin took over...

Must be just me that think Storm Surge was considered a medium investment and SAW: Alive was the small one then...

Also, why would they, if installing Vengeance, not fix the guns if they don't work?

It's not my phrase! To be fair SAW: Alive is a renovated boat that's been pissed in...

I'd expect that the overall investment of Saw Alive, however, is greater than Storm Surge.

Saw Alive - theming, repainting / redesign of a boat and actors = expensive.

Storm Surge - Removal of OG. Moved from America to England = quite cheap.

I'd be interested to know why you think Storm Surge was the 'medium investment' and Alive the 'small investment' though :) (not that either of them are particularly large..)

if this is indeed a medium investment year... I don't really see the crash pad as much of an investment, as its only temporary, and the returns in the first year alone would more or less cover the cost of it plus profit... so I'm hoping, if it is a medium investment year, and the fact Thorpe said there would be something new, to see a new flat ride (possibly located next to the asylum horror maze building, due to the new fencing), as well as an X No Way Out retheme. Just my thoughts and hopes :)

I think we can clarify that there will not be a new ride (so to speak) in 2013. Planning permission can take months to be approved so unless they have decided to open a ride in the summer period I think we can rule this is. Other than having two new ride 'experiences' the line-up remains.

This idea of Vengeance coming to Thorpe is getting silly now...

1) Just because it's not going to the new Dungeons, and Thorpe have a possible empty space in Time Voyagers, does not mean it will come to Thorpe.

2) It is such a slow moving queue line for something pretty mediocre (especially for a theme park aimed at thrill seekers), it would be a ridiculous idea IMO

3) As far as I'm aware it has never been hinted or suggested that it is moving to another Merlin attraction, especially Thorpe, it was forum speculation that has gone a bit too far now.

Sorry if this comes across as ranting :P