2013 Changes

daboywunda

Mmmm...

Strange it is really, 'the sting of the tail,' it really feels to me like the swarm's back two rows are going to be turned around hence the quote 'the tail.'

I don't see how thorpe would manage this though as their front row queue for the swarm isn't really a front row queue and you just get some weird pass saying you can go front row. It would be even more of a nightmare to produce a backwards queue aswell because they would probably have to use the same system! The only thing I could think of happening if the back rows WERE turned around is that you have to buy a extra ticket to ride back row, knowing thorpe this would probably be costly and they would get barely anyone riding the back!

I don't particularly want to see swarm backwards, I feel that it would make the trains look weird. However, this or an x refurb/new show in the time voyagers building are the only options I feel we have left for 2013... But it is a medium investment so who knows what would happen?

As for the scorpion type ride, thorpe got rid of Calgary stampede a while ago so I doubt they will want to bring it back because it is not thrilling enough for their target audience...

Replacing the 'front row queue' with a back row one would work nicely and they'd be able to manage it better as the member of staff would be at the bottom of the steps at the back of the train. Who knows what they'll do with it though, or even if it is going backwards.

This is getting a little humorous now, Evacuation wise, TP will always have you in a harness before you leave the seat, simple option is relase the harness with the seatbelt still in and get you into the harness before undoing the seat belt... near miss wise I'd personally say the near misses would improve going backwards they would be unexpected and when you go past them they may make you jump. Blah Blah, life goes on this is happening so get used to the idea.

How is going through a near miss backwards any better than going forwards?

Isn't the entire POINT of a near miss the whole going towards it thinking "we're gonna hit it, we're gonna hit it" then the 'narrow' avoidance...

Going backwards will just result in "oh, a scenic element we avoided, that's a surprise"...

Once again, the logic of this idea falls down quicker than a person ejected from an Intamin mid-ride...

I would be so annoyed if this happened. Those back rows are the best on the ride. Watching the train either twist in front of you or disappear from view is what I love about this ride. Going backwards is just going to be painful with being forced into the restraint no matter how comfortable it seems when going forwards.

Exactly how Pluk put it, remove the row, rotate it 180 degrees then put it back on. Both sides of the row have the attachment to connect the trains and and as they are mirrored in essence, no modification would be needed to the train. Not sure if its the same on all B&M trains but the rows have no connection and each row is powered by its own source. Baring in mind that photo could be the train that may not of had winter work carried out upon yet, but I'm aware the trains have been switched this week so that train could of been sat there since November.

If this is happening, I'd be interested to know if this was in Thorpe's grand scheme of things (seeinghow they always like riding high on their new coaster for two years), or if it is a quick panic job.

I still don't get why this would happen though? If they've always wanted this to happen, then okay, fair enough - but I still don't quite know why they would think 'Oh, okay, let's reverse the direction of 2 rows of the train after a season, market it as a new twist..'. If it was to be a more 'panic move', I think that's even worse. Yeah, okay, last season wasn't great for Thorpe. But there could be a variety of reasons for this - the wet summer, the Olympics, double-dip recessions, etc. are all a variety of plausible possible reasons. Maybe restricting their target to young adults has started to catch up with them? Whatever the reason, it seems perculiar to think 'Well, we had a bad year, let's put it down to our new ride and add a new gimmick to it to make people come back'. That just seems desparate of them. With the Crash Pad, they seem to be expanded out to target 'up for it families', so maybe they are taking note that at the moment, solely targetting young adults isn't the best step forward yet.

By the sounds of it, this back row job seems likely to be happening. Whilst I no doubt would ride it backwards if it were to happen (don't lie now - many people will think to themselves 'Oh, how different / better / worse would that ride be if it was facing the opposite direction?'), I'd still be perplexed as to why it would happen, or why they would even consider it.

Still require a fair amount of modification would be required imo, if only to help withstand the extra stress, strain and vibrations that will occur because of the going backwards situation...

The change in direction will cause a lot of knock on effects towards these factors which in turn could cause further problems (do we really want more bolts falling?)...

I think it has to be something to do with the swarm- nothing else is to do with killing/end of the world except saw!

The clues are getting on my nerves, they are just posting them one after another and no one is actually getting anywhere! How long until they actually tell us what it is? I can't wait!

EDIT: OMG the clue has been figured!!!!! Take the first letter of each word and spell it out 'backwards!!!'