2013 Changes

daboywunda

I'm surprised noone has mentioned this... Thorpe mention about several (at least 2) surprises (not new rides as discussed), and the clues do seem to lead to the swarm - evolution of swarm - sting in tail of swarm - backwar. So could we be seeing an x retheme as well as something regarding the swarm or something else?

We could well be having both :)

Just to play devils advocate, if you look at the picture of Storm Surge in the snow, they seemed very sure to make sure nothing else could be seen in the background (I.e X:NWO).

Perhaps being a little over paranoid here, but there's also a distinct lack of pictures taken from anywhere near the area behind X - Colossus, Loggers(although that's probably to do with the tunnel), Saw or Inferno.

Thinking of this also reminded me that during the first weekend of Fright Nights, I do recall seeing some wiring being dug up, to the left of the dome as you walk in, leading all the way down to Saw Island. Did anyone else notice this? I thought nothing of it at the time, but now, to me, it all seems like something out of the ordinary is going on in that particular section of the park.

All mindless speculation of course, think what you want of it.

As for storm surge in the snow, the picture is not in the direction of X so you can't see it, it is pointing towards the amity shop thing.

The wiring dug up, new ride? I know it's unlikely but anything could happen ;)

Ive been thinking how the 2nd clue could link into an X retheme. Maybe, just maybe they are going to theme it to an egyptian pyramid, call it 'Scorpion Attack'. It would fit with the 3rd ue, basically telling us which ride it is, the 2nd clue is the new theme and the 1st ckue was the fact its being rethemed (the evolution of a ride). What do you think?

Next clue 'Beware a catastrophic killer which attacks rebels defying submission'. The 1st letter of each word spells out BACKWARDS.
Firstly this was mentioned ages ago...
Ive been thinking how the 2nd clue could link into an X retheme. Maybe, just maybe they are going to theme it to an egyptian pyramid, call it 'Scorpion Attack'. It would fit with the 3rd ue, basically telling us which ride it is, the 2nd clue is the new theme and the 1st ckue was the fact its being rethemed (the evolution of a ride). What do you think?
Sounds like a plan to me :)

One concern though, x is in the lost city not Egypt so would it go with the surroundings around it?

Also it is rumoured to be rethemed with a sponsor of ministry of sound so I don't think a Egyptian pyramid and nicki Minaj screeching at top volume would go well together ;)

Firstly this was mentioned ages ago...

Sounds like a plan to me :)

One concern though, x is in the lost city not Egypt so would it go with the surroundings around it?

It would kind of, coz its all mystical. Maybe not an Egyptian one, but maybe south american one or something.

Also it is rumoured to be rethemed with a sponsor of ministry of sound so I don't think a Egyptian pyramid and nicki Minaj screeching at top volume would go well together ;)

That is true, but that is just a rumour, but we'll hopefully find out soon.

The clubbing retheme, although it doesnt seem to fit with the clues, would fit with the new club nights/ ministry of sound take over. WIth these events currently being promoted surely it would make sense to use a ride to boost the advertising. Also although unlikely we have to remember they did say 'surprises' so why not an x retheme and the swarm rows being turned around?

Also it is rumoured to be rethemed with a sponsor of ministry of sound

I suggested the Ministry of Sound thing off the top of my head in a post months ago when we first started speculating, just seemed like a good idea and not because I had any info it would happen, and it has just seems to have hung around since. I have no idea if MoS sponsorship is really happening, but it would be the first time I had guessed something like this and got it right. I think it is most likely that this 'rumour' here stems from that post and is not based in any reality. That's not to say it's not having work of some sort done on it.

For those speculating over the lack of X photos on facebook, it currently looks exactly the same as it always has other than a layer of snow on the roof, and nothing like an Egyptian pyramid. On the inside though, who knows? A spruce up of some sort remains a strong rumour and may be true for once, with a reversal of the trains to forward mentioned loads in previous posts.

As for the facebook clues, it couldn't be any more clear to me it is referencing backwards Swarm at the back of the train rumours. Sadly.

The rumour of ministry of sound has been going round facebook too :P

I guess we could be seeing multi investments :) I would love an X retheme but I am not sure about this swarm business. Wouldn't it just be easier to manage etc. if they turned the whole train around seeing as they are keen on making gimmicks!

I have a feeling that we will see peppa pig sponsoring the swarm soon ;)

For me I just hope that its an X refurb or retheme. Turning the 2 back rows of swarm backwards is like making a beautiful sponge cake but for the filling the person uses vindaloo curry... its just going to tits up if they do that. If they want to add to swarm in any way I would want extra themeing on the island or with trains do it 4D like X2 or Eejanaika, only then id be happy with any Swarm changes. I'm just praying to the universe it is X cos it needs the love!!

Or needs scrapping and turning into a decent dark ride! A hybrid coaster/ ghost train would be an interesting concept. The pyramid is a massive space and it seems so wasteful just to fill it with a small and unexciting roller coaster. Maybe an Egyptian theme would be obvious (like the mummy) but almost anything could be put in there. The queue is in place and surely it wouldnt take much just to change the interior. Maybe even a wild mouse coaster? For all we know they could be doing something like this right now unlikely though I must admit.

Urgh I really do hope this isn't The Swarm turned backwards... The more I think about it the more ridiculous the idea seems, not as a gimmik but from a logistics and engineering perspective. All Thorpe would get from this is something extra to market The Swarm with, but if they are expecting it to be such a sucess, then why not just turn the whole train around? I can already picture the angry customers who 'have queued 2 hours expecting to go backwards but have ended up facing forwards instead'... And that's without even touching on how this move would even be worth it with all of the fuss Thorpe would have to go through to turn some poxy seats around. It's not just a case of unbolting some seats and switching them the other way around; they are not make of lego that you can just jumble up! I'm no expert in engineering or coaster physics but surely the stress this would put on both the cars and the passengers will only cause problems for the shiny new £18 million B&M?

For the sake of Thorpe, I hope this is the retheme of X which has been long overdue, or a new flat ride of some sort. Just don't **** up one of the best rides we have seen in the UK for a long time plz Thorpe?

That's weird, the code name for x no way out was project x I believe?

Taken from John Burton Creative...

"With recent speculation on the possible upgrade to X:\ No Way Out at THORPE PARK Official, I quickly mocked up a concept design based on my own vision for the future of the attraction. The concept uses a possible IP of the Ministry of Sound brand, used throughout previous seasons for the Ride and Rave events. ( Unofficial Concept )"

I don't care if people want to set up their own sites but some of them really need to stop posting 'exclusive content'. This picture is linked back to a guy who even says it's his unofficial work.

Hi there,

Just to confirm that this is an unofficial image as the description of the image states. This is my image and I designed it based off what I would like to see. I do however hope we can get the image removed off these "News" sites who believe in the official statement of distribution of my images. Support would be appreciated to remove the image from such sites as Theme Park Collective.

Hi there,

Just to confirm that this is an unofficial image as the description of the image states. This is my image and I designed it based off what I would like to see. I do however hope we can get the image removed off these "News" sites who believe in the official statement of distribution of my images. Support would be appreciated to remove the image from such sites as Theme Park Collective.

Thanks for making that quite clear.

Out out interest, where did you get the Ministry idea from. From existing rumour, from your own imagination, of do you believe it to be correct for some reason?

I have been envisioning for the last year or so a new concept for the attraction. Ranging from computer viruses to concepts such as that from Alton Tower's Skating "web master". The concepts I initially developed used numerous lighting techniques, which then led me onto the concept of focusing the theme to recent events due to the typology and market Thorpe have been promoting. Ride and Rave being sell out events and the use of IP branding within the Merlin group would be a suitable and transferable brand to an indoor attraction. Much like successful concepts utilised in Disney & Bobbejaanland.

I hope that explains my thought process a little into my quick sketch.

Or needs scrapping and turning into a decent dark ride! A hybrid coaster/ ghost train would be an interesting concept. The pyramid is a massive space and it seems so wasteful just to fill it with a small and unexciting roller coaster. Maybe an Egyptian theme would be obvious (like the mummy) but almost anything could be put in there. The queue is in place and surely it wouldnt take much just to change the interior. Maybe even a wild mouse coaster? For all we know they could be doing something like this right now unlikely though I must admit.

Thinking about it, a wild maus track was seen outside thorpe park just before winter wonderland opened, I remember it having a different colour track to the one at winter wonderland but that could just be my imagination.

People were saying that you would not need planning permission to build something in an existing building so why don't they scrap X and replace it? This is just an idea but linking to what everyone has said this is what my theory is:

It is a wild maus custom design from thorpe which will be the worlds first backwards wild maus, this links to all the clues as it could be themed to with a scorpion attack etc.

just linking people's and mine interpretations together! If it really was a backwards wild maus with amazing theming I would ride it all day long ;)

Thinking about it, a wild maus track was seen outside thorpe park just before winter wonderland opened, I remember it having a different colour track to the one at winter wonderland but that could just be my imagination. People were saying that you would not need planning permission to build something in an existing building so why don't they scrap X and replace it? This is just an idea but linking to what everyone has said this is what my theory is: It is a wild maus custom design from thorpe which will be the worlds first backwards wild maus, this links to all the clues as it could be themed to with a scorpion attack etc. just linking people's and mine interpretations together! If it really was a backwards wild maus with amazing theming I would ride it all day long ;)

If you rode a wild mouse backwards you would likely need a spinal board when you got off, you need to brace yourself for those sorts of twists and turns. Had they removed X we would know about it, you can't just make a fairly massive coaster disappear. They might work on X and amend it in some way, but not replace it.