2013 Changes

daboywunda

I don't think really anyone would care if Saw Alive was removed for good and the Belle returned to the education centre format...

Of course, lack of a 'true' new ride (turning coaster cars around does not a decent investment make) could cause the park further low attendance issues...

Isn't it meant to be a medium investment this year? Surely turning a couple of rows and a couple of trains around isn't equivalent to a medium investment! SURELY NOT?

Thorpe better have a trick up their sleeve, the best I am hoping for is new attractions/shows in the saw alive building and pirates 4d(time voyagers)

P.s I would rather a better maze came for fright nights. Also I think the parks lower attendance would be good because there would be shorter queues however the ticket prices would go up more because thorpe would need to make some more money...

Tidal Wave's went because of Stealth's construction severing the gas line... There is no evidence currently to suggest it will just get turned off on Swarm...

Swarm's fireball is a great bit of theming when it works, it should maybe not go off every train (mainly as when it doesn't catch light, the area stinks), it's definitely one for non-riders (who are just as important for encapsulating in the overall area experience)...

Hello all :)

I've been following this thread for some time now and thought it was about time to join in!

A little while back someone said X had been put in the "Thrilling and Fun" section; then its tagline description changed to "The ride that takes no prisoners". I looked at its page today and I think the full description of it may have changed...again...?

Take a look:

http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/x-no-way-out.aspx

it now reads: "Enter and you will be thrown into a world of disorientation as your senses are pushed to the limits with eerie sounds and crazy flashes."

I might be wrong but I swear it never said that before?!?! Maybe it did and I am just mildly delusional...

I really hope X gets some attention this year.

Hey there - welcome to the forums! :)

If you just scroll over the 'Rides' tab at the top of the website, it still lists X as an extreme thrill, but if go on the Full Ride Listing (http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/full-ride-listing.aspx), it lists it as Thrilling and Fun. So it could be just a transitional phase at the moment if you will.

As for the description, I think it has changed again, or at the very least tweaked a bit. :P Hopefully they don't try and create a 'scary' ride, but just something whih is completely random and weird, which seems like the direction they're taking. Fingers crossed!

Hello all :)

I've been following this thread for some time now and thought it was about time to join in!

A little while back someone said X had been put in the "Thrilling and Fun" section; then its tagline description changed to "The ride that takes no prisoners". I looked at its page today and I think the full description of it may have changed...again...?

Take a look:

http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/x-no-way-out.aspx

it now reads: "Enter and you will be thrown into a world of disorientation as your senses are pushed to the limits with eerie sounds and crazy flashes."

I might be wrong but I swear it never said that before?!?! Maybe it did and I am just mildly delusional...

I really hope X gets some attention this year.

The website has said several different things over the past few weeks - I haven't seen it myself. But for many it's confusing, makes good debating though.