2013 Changes

daboywunda

An image of the theatre has just been posted on the live feed. So... what exactly has been changed? Everything looks exactly the same, from the canon impact still on the walls to the peeling paint. Have they removed the queueline or something?

All the buildings were stripped and repainted, look much better now.

Colossus looks alot better too, the station looks the best it has for years and alot of the supports look cleaner.

Inferno is great, the tunnel is like the old days with bright red lights and thick mist throughout the tunnel.

Obviously loggers tunnel is disappointing but the rest of the park by far made up for it, the best it's looked in years.

Colossus, still hasn't got a repaint and I'm fuming.

This repaint is such old news and it's done the rounds so many times. I've got used to it not being done now, and it's dragged on for quite so long I couldn't give a toss whether they repaint it or not. Clean the oil off, yes, and tart up the cobra roll pit, but it's clear now that after all these years of it not being done, that Thorpe have got other priorities at the top of their list, and Colossus, if it is on the list is getting pushed further and further to the bottom each year.

A point of contention. When was a Colossus repaint ever on the agenda? There's a lot of outrage against something that was never rumoured about, never promised. I see a whole heap of rides that desperately need attention, some far more then Colossus such as Tidal Wave, Vampire and Nemesis, the list goes on but it always comes down to Colossus.

We asked about Colossus being repainted at last years ERT event and they said they would love to do it but would people come for a new (read marketable) ride or to see Colossus back in bright blue and yellow?

Oblivion took 15 years for its repaint and that is solely down to The Smiler next door, it might take something of that size for Colossus to get its proper refurbishment.

You are to be congratulated. Well said.

Colossus looks alot better too, the station looks the best it has for years and alot of the supports look cleaner.

What's been done to the station, inside or out?

Probably too early to start a FN13 topic, so I'll post this here:

BE_XsKRCEAEmQ0w.jpg

Taken from Scare Tour's Twitter page (I assume it's from this year's Gate Map).

Probably just marketing babble for the most-part, but we have seen the park stray away from the conga-line style maze the past couple of seasons. Perhaps a hint that they are to continue this trend and 'push more boundaries' this season?

Perhaps they will take the Universal Studios route and introduce actors and 'proper' scare zones around the park.

Universal have it down to a T, tho they never had scare zones last year, the whole park was a scare zone! Been lucky enough to be at 2011 and 2012's horror nights and sadly has turned me away from Thorpe Parks Fright Nights. TP could do with better hours for the event, like you said, decent actors, external themed lighting & sound and scenery. Big investment but would be worth it.

I was hoping they were going to do something with the 'Rapids' (if we can call them that). Thats looking really run down and could do with a decent theme and to make it more like a rapid ride rather than a river.

Glad to see NI has it's effects back!

Saw Alive Maze still there?

As we've said, a retheme is well overdue. But it needs to be good one, with a fantastic new name. IMO Rumba never really fit into Calpyso Quay. Stuck in the corner, it's like a ride still trying to get through the gates, although one of the parks originals and oldest. Kings like Nemesis and Stealth towering over it now make it feel so small and isolated, but why oh why does it get those long queues I will never know!