The Crash Pad

Confuzzled

There's now a tent with the Snoozebox logo on it set up in the staff car park. I would assume that more 'pieces' have arrived.

A bit early for these to be arriving isn't it? Considering they're not going to be physically built until February and planning permission hasn't been granted yet (I would think that being something rather out of the blue and not mentioned in the MTDP, the granting of the Snoozeboxes would not be as concrete as rides and coasters?)

Why do staff members need a preview?

Like, the Thorpe staff aren't likely to stay over there are they? Unless Thorpe are going to put them up for free if necessary next year for those who live far away...

Whats the problem with them having a preview? We had a preview of the Chessington hotel in 2007.

Because the staff will preview the room and nothing else... Least when the Chessie staff did it they got to try out a new bar/restaurant and be able to fit more than 2 people comfortably in a room...

Thorpe Staff can also try out the new old bar and have a good time in the Snooze bedroom with the finest Thorpe luxuries. So critical Benin. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Not saying it hasn't got its uses, but for me that price is a big no as I'm not happy in a room that size with another couple. I don't know how they'll structure it, but 'prices from' indicates It'll be more per person with under occupancy and I'll guess substantially so.

Just as a comparison, alton have been doing £99 per couple with breakfast and park tickets in a proper hotel room. This will be a minimum of £128 per couple, probably quite a bit more for just two, in accommodation which looks to be of considerable lesser quality, with less resturant and bar options and with access to what I realised again yesterday is a considerably lesser theme park.

The only thing they are offering which is superior is the 2 day entry rather than one, although I'm not too sure I could take Thorpe for two days in a row anymore and it is not needed to get everything done in the same way Towers can be.

Again, just saying it's not for me and I appreciate it will work for some people. If I was going on a stag or something it'd be ideal, but I'm not. I want a proper hotel for normal use for a couple at a reasonable price.