The Crash Pad

Confuzzled

I've noticed that if you sign up for the Priority List, dates start from 28th March (a Thursday), up to 4th November. Looks like that's the provisional opening times for next season, and opening day seems to be a couple of weeks later than it has been the past few years?

I would guess this would be due to Alton opening earlier this year for SW7, as Thorpe opened at around the same time this year as Alton will next year.

I would guess this would be due to Alton opening earlier this year for SW7, as Thorpe opened at around the same time this year as Alton will next year.

That has nothing to do with it, generally thorpe has the longest season (opens the earliest, closes the latest) out of all them, has been the case for years and I expect will continue to be, I wouldnt read too much into the hotel booking dates.

• 2 weeks later...

FROM DREAM TO SCREAM IN LESS THAN 60 SECONDS AT ‘THE CRASH PAD’ AT THORPE PARK

Experience the ultimate overnight stay at the nation’s Thrill Capital from March 2013

For the first time in its 33 year history, the nation’s Thrill Capital THORPE PARK, is set to open its very own accommodation, The Crash Pad, the world’s first fully serviced portable hotel to operate at a major leisure attraction. And with some of Europe’s most extreme rides in its back garden, The Crash Pad will catapult guests from dream to scream in less than 60 seconds when it opens in March 2013.

The Crash Pad will offer visitors the ideal place to crash after a day of experiencing adrenaline-inducing rides. Thrill seeking guests who want to stay the night won’t have to go far as the hotel will be located within screaming distance of the Park’s newest and most extreme rollercoaster, THE SWARM.

With 58 climate controlled rooms sleeping up to 4 guests in one double bed and 2 bunks, The Crash Pad is the ultimate overnight stay for groups of thrill-seeking mates or adrenaline-loving families looking to spend a couple of days trying out some of Europe’s most extreme rides such as the world’s most terrifying rollercoaster, SAW – The Ride, and the Unholy Trinity of Stealth, Colossus and Nemesis Inferno. All rooms will include an en-suite shower room and toilet, flat screen TV and a safe, and a dedicated reception and on-site housekeeping team will ensure guests are looked after and ready to take on a second day of stomach-churning rollercoasters.

Guests who want to crash out after an adrenaline-fuelled day can enjoy a mouth-watering meal in the Park’s in-house bar and recharge with a mix of chilled out evening entertainment. Those who want to keep the party going can take advantage of some of the UK’s most exciting entertainment and events, from comedy shows and concerts to club nights from world famous brands including Ministry of Sound!* And to ensure thrill seekers are up for it two days running a lip-smacking breakfast option will be included. Room packages at The Crash Pad will start from £64 per person per night and will include 2 day Park tickets, selected evening entertainment and breakfast.** Annual Pass holders will be eligible for special rates.

Mike Vallis, Divisional Director of THORPE PARK, said: ‘THORPE PARK is constantly evolving and pushing the boundaries with the addition of new rides but we are now excited at the next stage of the Park’s development – our transformation into a short break tourist destination. We look forward to welcoming our first overnight guests when we open The Crash Pad in March next year.’

THORPE PARK have teamed up with innovators in transportable, temporary accommodation, Snoozebox Ltd. The Weybridge based company launched in 2011 at the British Grand Prix and have become an increasingly popular feature and service at major festivals and sporting events in the UK and Europe. The portable hotel can be loaded, stacked and transported with ease and can be fully operational and ready to welcome guests within 48 hours of arriving at a site.

Robert Breare, Snoozebox Chief Executive, said: ‘Our partnership with THORPE PARK is a real first and we’re looking forward to the ride ahead! We’re delighted to share the same passion for innovation and service with THORPE PARK. Snoozebox’s unique and innovative design is a perfect match for one of the country’s most extreme theme parks.’

Booking lines for The Crash Pad will open in December and guests can register their interest in an overnight stay now at THORPEPARK.com

* Club nights operate on selected dates throughout the season and some evening entertainment will be subject to an additional charge

** Based on 4 people sharing

A Press Release has appeared on the park's website. No new information really, just the same old 'IT WILL BE GREAT' marketing. :P

The hotel is currently making its way to England!

Posted Image

And just to let you know thorpe park have released they will also have garages to keep your car safe as seen below!

Posted Image

Finally, no need to worry about running out of money on the overpriced tickets, Thorpe Park will also be offering a cash machine! As usual, as £1.75 cost to use it!

Posted Image

The thing with shipping containers is that at least Merlin try with them, and usually do well. Saw's one is the only one which just feels 'plonked' there. Swarm's is well styled, and I hardly notice Th13teen's one except when using the shop. It works well with Experiment 10 and when they did the Twilight Zone for Vampire's 21st at Chessie. Can't think of many more times when Merlin have used them either.

Works well, cheap and convenient. Can't see many issues with them. Hopefully The Crash Pad will have a nice enough style to them as well.

They put Sub Terra in one ;)

And obviously Swarm's shop... But for the most part, they kinda make sense (Thirteen's defo doesn't, but then again, none of that area does)...

Of course, the hotel idea still sucks...

You see, despite the size of it, I completely didn't think of Sub Terra!

Just shows how well they've styled that and made it work in my opinion. The Swarm shop makes sense in my opinion and seems to suit the area as well I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing that one abit more temporary than 3 years, I hope they make more effort than that!

Is it any less temporary though? Considering this is still a fairly new and small company building these who have other clients and bookings to fulfil and a limited number of boxes available, are they going to have certain times away at other sites? Just a guess, but as the build and dismantle time is so short I wouldn't be too surprised if that did happen on occasion through the season and it is even more likely over closed season.

Either way I think they'll look exactly like that apart from the makeshift wooden stairs replaced with proper ones and hopefully some cladding around the base instead of tarp.

Am I the only person that thinks the prices are pretty good considering they include park entry and the fact your seconds from the rides? Also I'm sure THORPE aren't going to just keep them looking like shipping crates, I bet my boots they will be colored and styled pretty nicely.

Looking forward to seeing what they do.

2 If you go to this link http://www.thorpepark.com/crashpad/ you will find that the art (if you can call it that) is styled like a shipping crate.

Well played Thorpe, well played...

Well at least their not false advertising. Their showing you that if you choose us, you will sleep in a shipping crate, not a flash hotel with all the trimmings. But definately by the look of things their making the inside more bearable, hopefully.

1 How has no one picked up on the fact they call it crash pad on the website

Thorpe park have started the marketing for the "Crash pads"

http://thorpepark.com/crashpad/

They have confirmed the Bar360 will be opening late and there will be "Evening entertainment with gigs, comedy, dvds & more" Looks like breakfast will be included too :)

2 day packages start from £64 per person

;)

As for the style, I guess it's a case of we'll have to see. I guess having coloured containers is better than having grey/silver containers at the very least...