The Crash Pad

Confuzzled

I know the crash pad is just a bunch of shipping containers, but I feel it looks really nice in this photo :blush:

I cant post the photo because its on a page but I've got a link, it's fairly small.

http://www.thorpebreaks.co.uk/thorpe-park-hotels/the-crash-pad-thosna.html

I don't know if it is a concept design or if the hotel has been built yet but if the crash pad does end up looking like this I will want to stay :P

Well looking at that concept art of the Crash Pad, it looks a lot better than what I've been imagining due to people's responses - In a way it looks like it's themed to a boat slightly.... I know the concept always looks better than reality but, I can't see it being an eyesore - Originally I just thought it was a lot of shipping containers being dumped on a plot of land...

I was just having a peruse at job listings for Thorpe and ran across this interest piece

Its for the job of Entertainments technician and in the job listing it says

In
simple terms, it will be down to you to support our Technical
Coordinator with the creation and maintainance of all of the technical
aspects of our entertainment offering, with a particular focus on the
running of our evening hotel entertainment & branded events
. You'll
help to create the sets, set up the lighting rigs, fine-tune the audio
equipment - all this and more will be part of your day-to-day challenge.
When you consider the crucial role each of these elements has to play
in creating a truly exhilarating atmosphere, you’ll understand what an
invigorating and diverse challenge that will be.

Looks like there will be more entertainment than just the bar opening late!

They have done a good job of making it fit in with the existing bridge, I'll give them that. But...

The entrance and bridge have been derided for years for being inadequate, drab and hardly a fitting gateway to a magical place, which I think I'm right in saying Thorpe have made no secret of their desire to improve and upgrade at some time. Then instead of using this is a opportunity to actually carry out those improvements they 'theme' more stuff to the same horrid and outdated scheme. Hilarious.

They have done a good job of making it fit in with the existing bridge, I'll give them that.

Yeah, it's called finding some metal and welding equipment, find workers, grab a paint brush and paint, and hey presto.

I dont see the huge issue with the bridge, its more the actual entrance I think they would like to improve rather than just the bridge.

Agreed, it is well overdue the TLC it needs.

Edited by pluk
un-necessaries removed

So are Thorpe aiming for families (who won't be interested in staying out till 3am or whenever Thorpe's night events end) or teenagers? I'M SO CONFUSED...

Also, you can sleep 4 in that? I stayed in a bigger room in the motel in France... Hell my tiny room in my second year uni house was bigger than that...

Notice how no-one's sitting on the top bunk, probably because you can't physically do so unless you're Holly-sized...