The Crash Pad

Confuzzled

They are no surprise to me. I have seen the crash pads (snoozebox) at Silverstone, which looked great there, having a garden outside them, benches & tables etc. I was kinda expecting Thorpe Park to paint them in their colours, but if they are only on long term hire, I guess they wont be able too.

I'm planning on staying in one, they look pretty neat and reasonably priced (I think) compare to some hotels.

Maybe we should wait till its finished till we start calling it the worse hotel ever etc, or is judging the finished product to much of a crazy idea nowadays? ;)

Everything I thought about this group of sheds has turned out correct so far. Unless the inside are actually TARDIS's and they hide the shed look with beautiful architecture, beautiful fountains and acres of trees and grass, flowers, sculptures, the Crash Pad will change very little.

Unless you are saying there is more to come Marc..

On the 3rd picture it seems there's a circular board you can cover the window with for privacy.

These rooms look quite a bit bigger than the first ones they showed, presumably they are the ones that fit 2 rooms into a container rather than 3. At least it's possible for 4 people to stand in these rooms so you don't have to immediately climb into bed to fit everyone in.

http://www.thorpepark.com/press/image-bank/images.aspx?cat=The+Crash+Pad

some new pics showing off the inside, Whilst obviously small, I think there pretty nice inside.

They look like the inside of caravans!

Honestly, this is just cheap crap that Thorpe have put in. Sums them up, they'll never change. They don't deserve a proper hotel now. :glare:

They are all this layout then? They could have made them somewhere near reasonable if they slept two, but getting four in there is a joke.

sardines.jpg

Sums it up! :D

Since when did sleeping in metal sea containers become the 'cool thing' to do? Do I have to be in Thorpe Parks (only) demographic to actually get the big deal?
I don't mind the idea of recycling, manipulating and making new uses of 'things' for a quirky workaround [to a hotel]. But we're at a Theme Park you'd expect SOME detailing, surely? This is just unreal - grey, grey, grey.
I'm starting to believe RMC have secretly brought back the park... at least they'd be sticking their quarry theme.

This could have been so much more – and I’m not talking millions and millions of £'s being spent. Just some love shown, y'know - give the customer the idea that you care for them and their money? Half arsed park.

Just to add - I don't want to seem like I have nothing better to do than moan. I see what Thorpe Park are trying (really, really hard) to do, but the execution is poor.

Edited by coaster_monkey