The Crash Pad

Confuzzled

Well to be honest actually expect this to happen on a regular basis.

Each cabin has a smoke detector which is connected to main fire alarm system and even a can of deodrant will trigger it and what with the ceiling being so low this is likely to happen very often.

In the picture here you can see a smoke detector and how low they are

http://content.maniahub.com/photo/Thorpe/Crash%20Pad%20Opening/DSC01178.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I was speaking to one of the Crash Pad staff yesterday and they were saying how popular the Crash Pad is proving to be - for that evening, 40 of the 52 rooms were filled. ~80% occupancy isn't bad for a Monday in low season!

Hopefully these occupancy rates will continue and show Merlin that there is a real business case for having a permanent hotel on site - particularly given the increase in evening activites/club nights/events. I say Merlin should have been bolder and taken the plunge earlier (Runneymede first approved plans for a hotel back in 2006!).

The Crash Pad rep said that they're contracted to stay there all 2013 season, and that they were hopeful they'd return for 2014. Recent news however suggests the company's having difficulties... http://news.sky.com/story/1083296/snoozebox-hotel-company-reports-a-loss

• 3 months later...

A while ago I wondered why they needed an adult, and they send me this!

You are correct that an element of our target market is young adults and teenagers. Howver our audience for the Crash pad will differ from our park operation. Whilst we dont wish to exclude young people from using our facilities we have to be realistic and apply rules based on both our experience as a them park operator as well as demonstrating a responsible approach to our over night accomodation. The decision to apply the over 18 rule was based on feedback from our current short break supplier as well as our guests when quized during focus groups. I do hope this has gone someway to answering your question.

So I guess it's fair :P

how old are you Coaster Jamie??

I'm also in the same problem, and depending on prices, as my merlin is expired now, and not renewing it (as there isn't much point with me being very, and I mean very busy in the coming year, I'm not even going to be in the UK for a few months, so yeah) it will all depend on prices. I think that they should do what they do with some of the pre-paid tickets collections for under 18's. I wasn't allowed to collect a ticket for a friend, so I needed to have a letter written.

They should do something similar with the Crash pad, except they must have a over 16, instead of 18. I mean 16, to me is a young Adult and you are responsible for all your actions.

I think you should be responsible for all your actions during your time in the crash pad, and must pay for any damages etc.

I remember having trouble at a Chessington meet booking as a family in a premier inn because an adult was 16 and child was 15 and under. We had booked online but when we turned up they were really iffy that we were 2 16 year olds and 2 15 year olds even though there was nothing to suggest that wouldn't be fine online!

This sounds crazy, but I swear when Thorpe Park first released the Crash Pad to the public I went on their Twitter page, and some girl asked how old you have to be to stay over without an adult and they said 15+, I hope so anyway, I'll be 17 and the other 7 lads 16-17 too

It is certainly 18+ now.