Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

All of this sounds very exciting and I'm looking forward to what the park do!

A tiny bit of speculation here but from this part of the 'Job Description'

Fright Nights kicking off on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 3rd October and then full time over half term from 25th October – 3rd November

Is Fright Nights going to start a weekend earlier as at the moment the first Friday, Saturday, Sunday (4th,5th, and 6th) is usual operating hours (10-5/6). And will the 10-8 close on the 3rd (and 4th) which I guess was for the possibility of fireworks become a 10-9 close for Fright Nights. If this does indeed mean more Fright Nights dates then yay :D

Is Fright Nights going to start a weekend earlier as at the moment the first Friday, Saturday, Sunday (4th,5th, and 6th) is usual operating hours (10-5/6). And will the 10-8 close on the 3rd (and 4th) which I guess was for the possibility of fireworks become a 10-9 close for Fright Nights. If this does indeed mean more Fright Nights dates then yay :D

You missed out the more interesting bit said in the Job Description SCB!

Fright Nights is set to once again become the premier Halloween destination this year and were looking for scare actors to perform inside our terrifying live action horror mazes and around our Park to make THORPE PARK the truly scariest place to be this October. From subjecting guests to total torture in SAW Alive to giving bone chilling frights in our all new terrifying mazes for 2013 – you’ll be making this Halloween one nightmare that our guests won’t want to wake up from.

Sounds like they're definitely going to have roaming actors once again. More interestingly - new mazes this season!

Seems like Saw Alive is definitely safe this year. I'd hedge my bets on Passing staying, due to the signage still remaining, and it only came about last season. I reckon despite the mixed reactions last time, with a few tweaks, it can become something pretty special. I'd be surprised if Experiment 10 went, due to the positive reviews it gets, though I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more tweaks / the maze made longer, simply so it can handle the numbers.

Maybe Christmas will come early for me and Curse and Asylum will revamped / replaced? :P

Slap me wrist I'm double posting! :o

Anyways, a new 'Saturday Secret' has come from ScareTOUR's FB:

Saturday Secrets: Well we now know that none of last week's secrets were about Alton Towers, and Chessington Resort have now revealed The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall. But there is still a lot going on:

Which attraction is about to announce a whole new event in a very unexpected place?

Which attraction has a completely new take on Halloween events with a budget to match its grand designs?

What is the new city wide "game" currently scoping for "run down and dilapidated" venues? And in which City?

Why might you need to get on your bike this Halloween to avoid being scared?

Keep watching as all will be revealed soon....

I think it's safe to say we can rule out the last two. I doubt it's the first one, as it refers to an event, as opposed to an attraction.

So, by the power of deduction, that leaves us with the second one...and it seems to fit nicely with the 'revamp' which has been marketed. Of course, none may relate to FN (as with Scarefest), but unlike with Scarefest, it seems something different is happening this season. So, if this clue does relate to Fright Nights, it should be very exciting to see - especially with a large budget.

Just hoping I haven't put 2 and 2 together and gotten 5...

Strange because on the opening times page Fright Nights is set to start on the 11th.

http://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/opening-times.aspx

I hope it does start a weekend earlier though - less time to wait!

EDIT: Oops, double post! Sorry!

Well looking at Alton Towers aging lineup, its really not going to take much to impress me.

The more I think about, the more I think perhaps FN's really is a big money maker for the park. Their mazes all get gleaming reviews, and they refresh them frequently. It only makes sense that Merlin would willingly give them money to invest in to it. Also bearing in mind we didn't really get a real investment this year.

My only doubt is, what large scale project could possibly be introduced, that can be hidden/relatively inconspicuous during the weekdays when the event isn't on.

Do any of the farm buildings still exist? They could go for a haunted farm area. That way they could keep all the mazes etc in one area

Some do, but I think the area is in a right old state and getting over there would be a bit of a problem too. Could be a good idea though, to create something that feels a bit more secluded.

I've heard the building is just used for storage at the moment.

Certainly a possibility for some form of attraction - though, in my eyes, I wouldn't want to see a maze there. I'd prefer to see the space utilised more for a show if possible. Wasn't there some sort of show in the Dome last year with the Governor character? If there ends up being another park-wide theme this year, I'd love to see that idea played with further to create a bigger, scheduled show.

Hi I'm new, and loving this talk about fright nights the best part of thorpe calender in my eyes.

Thorpe must be taking on some deal with universal, as from what scaretour's fb page said about a new event and somthing unexpected.

Dead silence was produced by universal, in past HHN there was a Dead silence maze, the legend of mary shaw I believe it was called, or somthing to that effect.

This is just purly speculation but if thay are keeping Saw , which the brand has been used at HHN a few times, maybe this suggests movie related mazes, which were under the belt of universal perhaps?

What do u guys think ?

Do any of the farm buildings still exist? They could go for a haunted farm area. That way they could keep all the mazes etc in one area

I Like the idea of this, But the railway is a right state, the disused part that used to lead to the farm anyway... Although this would be awesome, I'd rather see the railway used for some kind of interactive ride experience similar to Tulley's haunted hayride. :wub:

Hi I'm new, and loving this talk about fright nights the best part of thorpe calender in my eyes.

Thorpe must be taking on some deal with universal, as from what scaretour's fb page said about a new event and somthing unexpected.

Dead silence was produced by universal, in past HHN there was a Dead silence maze, the legend of mary shaw I believe it was called, or somthing to that effect.

This is just purly speculation but if thay are keeping Saw , which the brand has been used at HHN a few times, maybe this suggests movie related mazes, which were under the belt of universal perhaps?

What do u guys think ?

Firstly, welcome! Secondly, I have become excited also by the talk of a Dead Silence themed attraction...since the photo went up on the facebook page I have watched the film and its now a favorite. I would like to see a solely IP based Fright Nights...I can see it having a higher appeal to the GP. Names like Experiment 10, The Curse, The Passing and Asylum do not mean much to the average person. However Saw Alive, Dea Silence: the legend of Mary Shaw, Texas Chainsaw Masacre and others will have a wider appeal.