Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Maybe that means during the AP event they will charge for them? Also why is the 5th+6th October till 6pm if its a fright night?

yeah, in case you didn't see TP replied saying from 10-10 there will be no charges, and they said during normal opening hours... Does this mean there's some added opening hours/an event that there will be a charge or something? Or were they just expressing that there will be on charge at any time. And oh, I believe the 5th and 6th just haven't been updated yet, it is a new addition and if it wasn't on Fright Night I believe this would have been the opening times. It still says FN is on until only 9pm, so it must just not have been updated... And surely they wouldn't charge AP members, the people who are meant to gain benefits to the park/access special events. No chance of extra charges for them, surely? I'm thinking that there may be an after dark event, or extra hours on Halloween night only or another type of event that they will charge during such as a preview event that anyone can attend, but will be charged... Or it was just another way of saying there will be no charge at all during FN hours?

Now I ask the question, how much will Fastrack be this year for the mazes?

Will there be singular Maze Fastracks?

Will the Bundle be ALL mazes (including Saw Alive)?

And if Thorpe Park do not capitalise on this Cinema/Movie Theme with Halloween paparazzi and a red carpet (with all the Halloween Essentials) for photo opportunities to sell to the General Public, then I think Thorpe need to rethink! :P LOL

For example at the Entrance there can be Saw Props, My Bloody Valentine props, etc, which can be perfect photo opportunities, not forgetting all the free promotion Lionsgate get from all the images that are spread! Also they better sell of the films and merchandise...why not capitalise on it all!?

Just a shame some of the main rides can't be themed around them, ie My Bloody Valentine would suit Nemesis Inferno (as a support to the main mazes that is) and of course Cabin/Blair with Loggers Leap...just a few props etc...still this is me getting over myself! haha

I know it hasnt been announced but I can see a Swarm type scarezone on the island because the pathway is very large and if they weaved it round the ambulance it would provide a decent amound of space.

Also I think The Asylum may retun and Dead Silence as a seperate maze in the 4D cinema.

I recon the Annual Pass day will be the usual Pre Booking Ticket that is required every year, that's all! I just hope we get a decent amount of time to try the mazes on AP evening and that they don't over book to the point of over capacity!

Don't worry about that AP holders night is always dead.

I am now starting to believe that there will be an after hours attraction seeing how much emphasis they have put on the "10-10 there will be no charges" Something else that may have to be paid for maybe?

I know it hasnt been announced but I can see a Swarm type scarezone on the island because the pathway is very large and if they weaved it round the ambulance it would provide a decent amound of space.

As long as we do not see last years white light appear again. Edited by pluk
Double posting yet again.

I reckon mabye ( and this is just speculation obviously) the blair witch project thing might be after hours , as think about all the noise and light pollution surrounding that attraction during opening hours. In the film the point why it is scary is that u are dead alone and any tiny noise makes people jump and the camera swerls a big, Oh my god what was that noise , type thing. So mabe that is an after hours attraction??

I reckon mabye ( and this is just speculation obviously) the blair witch project thing might be after hours , as think about all the noise and light pollution surrounding that attraction during opening hours. In the film the point why it is scary is that u are dead alone and any tiny noise makes people jump and the camera swerls a big, Oh my god what was that noise , type thing. So mabe that is an after hours attraction??

Planes are very loud by Thorpe :rolleyes:

I was thinking this too but the attraction would have to be longer and a limited number of people every night.

but that makes sense , does it not, look at the path the attraction could at least be 15-20 mins. The fact they charge for it , will still detor some people and limited number would increase sales as everyone would want to do it !, just means the acots are working till very late.

Dom I think we may be on to somthing !

yeah, in case you didn't see TP replied saying from 10-10 there will be no charges, and they said during normal opening hours... Does this mean there's some added opening hours/an event that there will be a charge or something? Or were they just expressing that there will be on charge at any time. And oh, I believe the 5th and 6th just haven't been updated yet, it is a new addition and if it wasn't on Fright Night I believe this would have been the opening times. It still says FN is on until only 9pm, so it must just not have been updated... And surely they wouldn't charge AP members, the people who are meant to gain benefits to the park/access special events. No chance of extra charges for them, surely? I'm thinking that there may be an after dark event, or extra hours on Halloween night only or another type of event that they will charge during such as a preview event that anyone can attend, but will be charged... Or it was just another way of saying there will be no charge at all during FN hours?

Opening times on the website have been updated to 10pm but the 5th + 6th are still till 6pm?

http://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/opening-times.aspx

I doubt there will be any extra mazes after hours as they have extended them already and it will also mean that it will cost even more for staff hire etc. I highly doubt this will happen. I think thorpe were just trying to say the mazes will be free, however I think if there is some type of swarm maze it could be staying for the 2014 season and may become a paid attraction after fright nights :)

I see what you mean, but the woods at the back of Logger's is probably the most secluded place at Thorpe Park, especially right at the far end. I think it will be quiet enough really once you get away from Saw.

My concern with this is the huge train-load of people who the actors will all be trying to scare at once. You feel much safer in a group, so I think this will be a bigger issue than the noise and light.

I guess we'll just have to see what they've got planned.

To be honest, I think that it would be better to have You're Next roaming characters instead of a maze. There's not much actors can really do other than deliver a few jump scares if you think about it. Roaming actors chasing you in those masks though would be horrifying! :o

Other than that, I think all of the mazes are great. BWP should be very creepy if executed well and I don't really know much about the other films; although I could picture the miner chasing you around a tunnel/shaft in the MBV maze. Also not too fussed about The Asylum. I loved it, but a new maze is always welcome, especially if it's a Dead Silence one!

Whilst you can argue it had money spent on it, you can argue that it didn't. From what I recall, they didn't really do anything to it, they just painted everything black put some plastic flaps up and stuck a bag that couldn't see through over your head. I don't think it's lack of actors, I think it's more people where more worried about the bag that was stupidly big for their head twisting/falling off then actually paying attention to the maze. The several times I went through it, the bag was so useless I ended up walking into several walls, walking into other group members, walking into the actors trying to scare me. It just lost the entire feel of being 'dead' or in any shape or form inside a horror maze.

If The Passing hadn't had silly bags it probably would of been a good maze.